Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
Click on images for better viewing.
I always enjoy my walks with hubby and Miney out in nature. It is peaceful listening to the birds, looking for wildflowers and critters. There are times we see deer and fox, mostly running away from us. Our walks include the NCR bike trail, our local fire road at Prettyboy Reservoir and my back yard birds and critters.
1. Along side our driveway we have some Clematis blooming.
Hubby, Miney and I took a walk to see the front lake, after having some rain it looks the water level has gone up some but not totally recovered yet. There was a large group of Canada Geese hanging out on the shore and I believe my Merlin App picked up a Killdeer there too.

Merlin Birds heard on our walk to the Prettyboy reservoir.

2. The water level is higher at the reservoir, but the water line when full is up to the trees. The last news I heard the reservoir was 6 feet low.
The Canada Geese below were only a few I saw on this day.
3. Below is a list of my yard birds on my Merlin App, I have been seeing a family of Hairy Woodpeckers visiting my suet feeder.
Below are the Hairy Woodpeckers and the Bluebird inside the house.
4. My yard birds, Merlin App birds and Miney on our walk. Merlin birds announce my bird of the day, on this day it was the Blue Jay.
I hope your enjoyed our walks, the birds and views of the reservoir.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!











127 comments:
Here the water level in Rhine has gone so much lower in last few weeks...not enough rain. Your deck is full of colorus now :-) Happy Saturday, Eileen!
The cedar waxwing looks cool.
Have a great weekend!
Yes, I enjoyed seeing the nature in your corner of the world. You are surrounded by a lovely lot of birds.
The lakes in Finland are low in water too and it is not a good sign. The climate change is evident.
Have a nice and safe weekend!
The Blue Jay , the Cardinal... each capture tells a Story of the beautiful nature of bird. Good morning, dear Blogfriend Eileen, seeing you with Minnie is again a great pleasure.
Thank you for sharing and hosting too. Have a wonderful week ahead.
Greetings by Heidrun
Hello Eileen,
Great photos of your walks.
You heard and saw so many birds again.
The blue jay is my favorite this time.
I wish you a very nice weekend.
All the best, Irma
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
The water shortage can be scary, I hope we all get the rain we need. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
It is scary to see the water levels low for a long time.
I hope we all get more rain.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
Miney loves her walks and I enjoy getting exercise every day on these walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Wonderful collection of critters, birds, and bloom photos! Always enjoy tag-along walks through your blog.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
The Jays are fun visitors!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
I am happy you could come along.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Beautiful flowers! Here still nothing and still not summerly at all.
It miiiiight get warmer though!
I need to check river Oker cause here they speak of fire danger, too.
The Blue Jay is so beautiful! And the Cardinal!
Have a great Saturday, Eileen.
It really is lovely walking in the bush and hearing the birds. Such a gorgeous peaceful sound. You have lots of birds in your garden too. We seem to have less and less these days. Unfortunately our new neighbours have a cat, and I think that is part of the problem. Have a wonderful week and thankyou again for the linkup.
It is so nice to walk with you every weekend.
I enjoy watching these colourful and beautiful birds so much.
Thanks.
Happy weekend.
Aqui contigo, vemos a natureza em todas suas formas! Lindo!
Aí com pouca chuva, aqui muita e até enchentes,alagamentos !
Lindas fotos!
beijos, ótimo fim de semana, chica
Back after a break I enjoyed the pics of the wonderful flowers and nice birds. Have a good time and all the best
Violetta
We haven't seen the cedar waxwings this year, not sure why, the berries on the honeysuckle are out and that is what usually attracts them. Merlin is picking up lots of birds for us too, but not them. Enjoy the week.
Hope your are doing fine. Enjoyed your post. Awesome photos. Bird looks beautiful. Miney's nature walk, great views. Happy weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting.
...and I woke this morning of the woodpecker's sound. Thanks Eileen for hosting the party, be well.
Your deck is so colorful. It is quite attractive to the butterflies and bees.
Always wonderful photos of your doggie walks with Miney and the lovely birds you see and hear ~ thanks for hosting Eileen ~ Wishing you a lovely weekend ~ Hugs ^_^
Hari OM
There is no doubt that many places are crying out for rain now... I have noticed water levels being much lower than am used to seeing in lochs and rivers. That clematis is beautiful! YAM xx
That blue jay is my favourite, Eileen! Thanks for hosting and have a great new week.
Those flowers are stunning!
Who has more fun, you are Miney! He sure is a sweet companion. I love that close up of the blue jay! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the party. It's the highlight of the week for me! Hugs, Diane
I love all the birds you find and all the birds you pick up on Merlin. We get cedar waxwings every now and then. I love them, they are the coolest looking birds. I love the cardinals that visit. They are so colorful.
Hello Eileen :)
The lovely selection of flowers on your deck will definately attract butterflies to them. The gliders love them. I enjoyed seeing all your bird captures especially the Blue Jay which is such a beautiful bird and great photo. I hope you get more rain soon
Have a happy weekend and thank you for hosting Eileen.
All the best
Sonjia.
I love Cedar Waxwings. They look so proper and formal.
All the flowers you saw were beautiful! I am also enjoying the Merlin app and surprised how many birds it hears in my backyard. I need to explore the app more to see how to save all my sessions like you do. The most common bird here has also been the Blue Jay!
Such pretty blooms and a nice variety of birds, love Cardinals!
Hello Eileen,
Your clematis looks very beautiful. I like them very much. The photo of the Blue Jay is wonderful. Take care, and have a great day and weekend!
Looks like your deck is a little piece of heaven amid all those blooms and with birds flitting about. :)
Everything is still nice and green on your walks. You really have a great collection of birds visiting in your own backyard. Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
Hello Eileen and Miney! Your photos are absolutely stunning, I really appreciate you sharing your lovely nature walks. Thank you so much! I hope you have a lovely weekend.
All the blooms are so pretty. Love the beautiful bluejay!!
Hello Eileen,
That pictures. Wonderful that view over the water with the tree.
And so nice to see that Blue Jay. What a wonderful bird.
Many greetings,
Marco
Hi Eileen, It’s so interesting to see all the stuff your Merlin App picks up. Enjoyed all the photos including Miney and the flowers. And I so admire your back yard! I’m linking up my post of a July 18th for a second time because I’ve added an update on the Eagles as of July 23. As always, thank you for sharing Saturday’s Critters. Have a happy weekend best regards to you and hubby. John
You are lucky to see so many different birds. XO
Our Ceniza and fire bushes are blooming here after all the rains we got. That blue jay whose picture you took is gorgeous. Blessings!
Hello Eileen
I do like the flowers on your deck, they are so colourful.
Lovely to see the birds you share, that Blue Jay is beautiful.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
All the best Jan
Eileen The Blue Jay photograph is stunning. Thanks for hoting and commenting. Have a great week ahead.
Some of the birds you see with the app are a bit of a surprise
Exploring your area would take a lifetime.
There are such beautiful places near you, it’s a joy to take this walk each Saturday.
Beautiful flowers and blue jay! Thanks for hosting.
Lovely photos! The Clematis are such gorgeous colours.
I love those Hairy Woodpeckers Eileen, but I also have a soft spot for the Blue Jay. Great pictures, and thanks as always for hosting.
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
What happened to your summer, it has been hot and humid here. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jill, for your link and your comment.
Having a cat around would spook the wild birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Rainfield, for your comment and your visit.
I do enjoy my walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
I wish we would have more rain here.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Violetta, for your link and your comment.
I hope you enjoyed your break!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
I wish I knew why some birds disappear for awhile. I am missing the kingfishers here.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
A walk in nature is peaceful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
The woodpeckers can sound very loud.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
I love to see the butterflies visiting my flowers.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Miney and I love our walks together.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you YAM, for your comment and your visit.
It can be scary to see these water levels so low for a long time. I hope we get more rain soon.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
The jays are great birds, I enjoy seeing them in my yard.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
We both enjoy our walks!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Yogi, for your link and your comment.
The waxwings are cool birds, I love the see them.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Sonjia, for your link and your comment.
I do enjoy seeing the butterflies around our flowers.
The Jays are beautiful birds. We may have some rain this week. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
The waxwings are one of my many favorite birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Pat, for your link and your comment.
It is fun to use the Merlin app in your back yard and on walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
The Cardinals are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marit, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Maria, for your link and your comment.
It is a joy to see the birds and butterflies around our yard.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
I do enjoy birdwatching in my yard.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you John, for your link and your comment.
It was sad to hear Jackie the eagle was hurt. I hope she will recover. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
It is a blessing to have rain, the plants will be happy.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jan, for your comment and your visit.
The Jays are pretty birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Red, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Yes, we have many trails here we have never been on, yet.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I love my walks with my dog Miney.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Lisa, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Adam, for your link and your comment.
I really enjoyed seeing your post, all the sea birds are awesome. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Such a lovely selection of photos, Eileen! Here, it's really too hot to go out for a walk, unless one goes really early in the morning (and, I must confess, I am NOT a morning person). I should be used to the heat, but somehow, it just doesn't seem to work like that...
Thanks so much for your visit and comment.
I try to take all my walks early in the morning.
The afternoons are way too hot.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
we still have zero song birds since the 4th of July, I have heard the little hoot owls twice, but other than that, no. your blue bird is sooo beautiful. I did hear a cedar waxwing two days in a row back when I first got Merlin.
Your Merlin postings always contain a bird I have never heard about! I enjoy seeing Blue Jay photos, the blues are so blue! Only once in a blue moon do I see one around here. Your deck looks so colourful!
Thank you Sandra, for your comment and your visit.
It has been awhile since I heard any owl sounds.
I hope the birds return, there are certain times of the year the birds get quiet. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Alexandra, for your link and your comment.
The Blue Jays are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Those are lovely photos of birds and nature!
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Am going to have to search for Cedar Waxwing songs now; am curious to know if I've heard it.
Mother Nature can be so entertaining.
Oh my! Your photos are taking my breath away! Those flowers! those birds! Lovely!
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The Cedar Waxwings are beautiful birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jeanie for your kind comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
How lovely to have seen you at Katie Isabella's blog today. Thank you so much. I saw a beautiful Towhee yesterday. a girl...and several hawks. Cedar Waxwings are THE single most best dressed birds EVER! Their feathers look like a sheet of impeccable satin. Nothing marring it...nothing...not even the outlines of the next feathers.. and their faces...ooo la laaaa!
That blue bird is so pretty. Miney looks like he's having a good time out there. Loved the pictures.
That Cedar Waxwing is a beauty!
Nature certainly is beautiful!
Have a good week ahead, dear Blogfriend Eileen and thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun
lovely images today eileen. i think i enjoyed those natural paths and flowers just as much as the birds, i love blue jays and they always get such a bad rap. another favorite is the waxwings and i have yet to see any this year!! many thanks for hosting and have a great new week!!
Thank you Debbie, for your link and your comment.
My hummingbirds are shy, it is hard to get a clear shot of one. I do love the waxwings, they are pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for hosting Heidrun, I appreciate the comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I do love the Waxwings they are lovely birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Michelle, for your comment and your visit.
The Waxwings are one of my many favorite birds to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
The bridge photo is so peaceful in your most recent post.
Thank you Sharon, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Hi Eileen, thanks 😊 for your visit and kind comments on my blog. My Monday blog post appeared in the Blogger news reader 16 hours later. I am glad it appeared. ☺️
I hope you have a lovely week.
Good evening Eileen, I finally got a chance to get this post in quick before it's too late! Lovely paths you took us again this week, nature is a simple pleasure just waiting for us. You have such a talent of taking bird photos especially! Thanks for giving us the names too, I'm really bad at knowing most of them. take care, Karen
Thank you Linda, for the visit and comment.
It is taking longer for the blogs to update. Not sure why?
Take care, have a great day!
Thank you Karen, for your link and comment.
Being outside in nature is my simple pleasure.
Take care, have a great day!
Our water levels are depleting rapidly. If you want to see any critters around here, you just need to go to the water as all creatures great and small meet at the waterhole! We use Merlin occasionally, but it seems like it is always the same ole birds.
Lovely photos, especially the Cedar waxwings and the Blue Jay.
Preciosas las flores. Me gustan los visitantes de tu jardín. Nunca he visto un arrendajo azul. Maravilla de ave.
Buena semana. Eileen.
Un abrazo.
Me ha encantado el paseo, tienes pájaros preciosos en tu jardín. Te deseo que tengas un feliz día. Besos.
Thank you Jim, I appreciate the visit and comment.
We are 5 inches of rain short for the year.
The critters do need to find those waterholes.
Take care, have a great day!
Thank you Juliet, for the comment and visit.
Take care, have a great day!
Thank you Laura, for the comment and visit.
The Blue Jays are pretty birds.
I am happy with the visitors in my garden, they are all welcome. Take care, have a great day!
Thank you Teresa, for your visit and comment.
I do love my garden birds! Miney and I enjoy our walks in nature. Take care, have a great day!
I can’t believe I am this late Eileen. Sorry it has taken me longer than usual to comment. I enjoy each and every photo. Thank you and have a great end of the week.
Beautiful birds, colorful flowers, and happy walks with Miney -- your post is full of joy!
The Blue Jay really stands out, and I hope you get more rain soon for the reservoir.
Thanks for hosting this lovely critter party. 🌼✨
Thank you Denise, you are kind to comment any time. I appreciate your visits. Take care, have a wonderful day!
Thank you Veronica, for your visit and comment.
I do love my birds and flowers, they are a joyful sight.
Take care, have a wonderful day!
Your garden is looking so nice! Mine is a bit wilted, so so hot around here just now.
Amalia
xo
Post a Comment