Welcome to Saturday Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am continuing with my last post on our visit to Chincoteague Island NWR. Oct 11th, was our last morning at Chincoteague before the drive home. We started off with the sunrise on the beach, watching hundreds of Swallows feeding on insects at Tom's Cove and the usual waders seen along road to the beach.
1. Starting off our day with a pretty sunrise at Chincoteague.
"Nature unfolds her treasure at the first ray of sunrise."
2. I like this shot of the gull walking toward me, I believe it is a juvenile Laughing Gull.
3. Near the beach I parked facing Tom's Cove, we enjoyed watching this large group of swallows flying around the wetland grasses , there must have been lots of bugs for the swallows to eat.
4. Along the road to the beach, a Belted Kingfisher was sitting in a dead tree overlooking the water.
5. We saw a large flock of White Ibis, a Great Egret and two Tricolored Herons.
6. One of the Tricolored Herons looked upset to share the space.
7. The Chincoteague ponies are always a treat to see if they come up close, this was the closest we were able to see them.
8. There were two foals mixed in with the older group.
9. A pretty Great Egret taking a break.
We enjoyed our 2 days at Chincoteague, the beach scene and the birds are always a beautiful sight to see. I hope you enjoyed my post.
Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday, Happy Birthday Hubby!
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.