Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am way behind sharing photos from our walks and outings. These images are from our last visit and walk at the North Point State Park in Baltimore County, Maryland. We like hiking on the Black Marsh Trail, it takes us past some wetlands and wildlife sightings. We walk the loop trail just far enough to see the Chesapeake Bay then we backtracked.
1. My sightings from our walk, Slider Turtle, Little Blue Heron, Northern Rough-winged Swallows, Double-crested Cormorants, Belted Kingfisher, Swallow, Great Blue Heron, Darter Dragonfly, Red-shouldered Hawk and the Swamp or Rose Mallows
2. The Little Blue Heron is one bird I can usually find at this park, Usually I can see juveniles, the Mottled and the adult Little Blue Heron. On this visit we only saw one adult Little Blue Heron, which is ok I am happy seeing just one.
Below you can see the bicolored bill, the blue body with the maroon head and neck. they are about 24 inches in length.
3. Little Blue Heron with it's catch.
4. I am pretty sure, in other words guessing the birds below are the Northern Rough-winged Swallows.
5. I tried for a closer look at this Swallow. These swallows do not have the shiny look on their feathers that show up on a Tree Swallow.
6. A pretty look at a Great Blue Heron seen from the trail.
7. The Red-eared Slider is the most common Slider turtle seen in Maryland.
8. A Red-shouldered Hawk looked to be on the hunt, looking down at something we couldn't see.
9. Looking out at the Chesapeake Bay, I could see a "gulp" of Double-crested Cormorants. The word "Gulp" is a name used to describe a group of Cormorants.
Not a critter, but a cute photo of my grandson enjoying his first sunrise at the beach.
I hope you enjoyed my birds and photos from our walk at the North Point State Park, it is one of my favorite Maryland State Parks.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.