Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
Can you believe it's February, here I am still sharing some January photos. These are images from my neighborhood and back yard. Hubby and I have not been anywhere special to see the critters and birds. Hopefully soon we can get out soon and see some different sights.
1. Jan 12th, Hubby and I tried on various days to see the Golden Eagle, it was still hanging around and some lucky birders and photographers were able to see it. We did see the usual birds at the lake and in the area. Below are an Eastern Bluebird, not sure of the flock of birds flying away, a view of the boat ramp at the lake, the Common Mergansers are being seen every day, a bridge over the lake close to where the Golden Eagle was being seen and Canada Geese are regulars.
Click on images for better viewing.
2. Jan 12th, a large group of Common Mergansers. Every morning, they were seen in the same area of the lake.
3. Jan 15th, we drove around the lake giving ourselves another chance to see the Golden Eagle. The usual Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers and a juvenile Bald Eagle. I did catch a glimpse of the Golden Eagle, which was only a tiny brown speck in the distance. Other birders were there and able to capture some good photos that day. Timing is everything, my timing is not so good.
4. Jan 16th, I was getting obsessed with the Golden Eagle. It is being seen only a short drive away 5-10 minutes around the lake. I could not count my sighting of a tiny brown speck flying away as my first Golden Eagle sighting. Some birders were lucky to see the Golden Eagle perched in a tree right next to the bridge.
My sightings, the moon and a contrail, another juvenile Bald Eagle, I did see a beautiful leucistic Red-tailed Hawk, Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers, Belted Kingfisher, adult Bald Eagle, Red-shouldered Hawk, vultures on a deer carcass. It was interesting to see another hawk chasing the leucistic Red-tailed Hawk, they put on a little air show.
5. Jan 16th, we drove around the lake making a loop on the way home. I caught what I believe is a Red-shouldered Hawk.
6. Jan 18th, I noticed the Turkey and Black Vultures flying over our neighborhood. At one time there had to be at least 30 vultures flying around. Another chance to see the Golden Eagle, no luck there. I did see the Northern Mockingbird, I heard a lot of Nuthatches and the usual Common Mergansers out on the lake. Hubby and I did drive and walk on the NCR bike trail that day.
7. Jan 18th, seen from my deck, the vultures are often seen in our neighborhood, I think they know the hunters leave the deer carcass in the forest or at the edge of parking areas. There were more vultures in the sky at this time, I could not fit them all into one photo.
8. Jan 18th, a Northern Mockingbird was seen hanging out in a tree on the boat ramp parking lot.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.