In early October hubby and I were able to getaway to Chincoteague Island Virginia. We were still wearing our mask and keeping our distance and trying to stay safe and healthy. A great deal of time we were either in our car or enjoying the outdoors. We enjoyed the change of scenery with walks on the beach, seeing the wild ponies, lots of shore birds, fresh air and the sounds of the ocean.
1. Photos below of our walk on the beach, near Tom's Cove, there was a huge flock of terns mixed with gulls, cormorants and the Sanderlings were seen on the beach.
2. Me and my shadow, walking on the beach at Chincoteague.
3. The Chincoteague ponies were a distance away, some were seen in the corral. The wild ponies were being rounded up for a fall health check up.
4. Some ponies were already in the corral, waiting for their health check up.
5. Snowy Egrets, DC Cormorants, Great Egrets and White Ibis were plentiful, seen all around the Chincoteague NWR.
6. Lots of Great Egrets, Snowy Egrets, Tricolored Herons and White Ibis.
7. Social distancing at the Chincoteague Island beach, also known as Assateaugue Island National Seashore.
I'll have more to share on our visit to Chincoteague Island and the National Wildlife Refuge and National Seashore.
We are still hanging in there, happy and healthy. I hope everyone is safe,
happy and healthy.
What's happening in your corner of the world? Please check out and visit the following memes and links. I hope to see you there.
Thanks to Angie the host of Mosaic Monday
Thanks for visiting and commenting, have a happy day and a great new week!