Happy October everyone, are you feeling the chilly air now? We have had quite a few mornings with temps in the 30's, it felt like winter to me. There is always lots happening lately, good and bad. My son and DIL are having a gender reveal party this weekend. So we will go wearing our face mask and trying to keep a social distance. These are scary times! Over
200,000 (206,852 as of Oct 1st) Americans have died from Covid. More deaths every day. This virus is not under control, a vaccine may be ready in the 2nd or 3rd quarter in 2021 for the larger population. Wear your Mask!
With the loss RBG and COVID, do we need to worry the Supreme Court possibly overturning the ACA affecting our coverage of healthcare. Are you worried about your pre-existing conditions being covered, the future cost of your healthcare?
On the bright side, hubby and I are taking our walks with nature. Nature is my happy place. Recently we visited a few different parks, a few of our favorite places for the birds and scenery.
1. These are photos from our Sept 20th visit to North Point State Park in Baltimore County. My previous visits to North Point SP can be seen here.
2. Bird and wildlife sightings: Great Blue Heron, Eastern Phoebe, Northern Flickers, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Little Blue Herons, Slider Turtles, Mallards, Osprey, Bald Eagle, Wood Duck, Yellow-throated Warbler and a couple of Belted Kingfishers.
3. A juvenile Little Blue Heron, click on photo for larger viewing.
4. Little Blue Herons are usually seen at this park during the spring and summer. They should all be leaving soon..
5. The next 2 photos are for my Throwback Thursday theme
Four years ago, I used to see the Red-headed Woodpecker at this park.
They are not seen here any more, are these woodpeckers another bird that is
6. A Throwback Thursday and Skywatch image from the North Point State Park.
7. A view of the Chesapeake Bay from the park, I thought I could see a Bald Eagle sitting on perch out in the bay.
8. A Little Blue Heron and a Mallard looking for a meal.
9. The bay was looking a little choppy from the wind, but I believe one of these birds is a Bald Eagle, one on the left. Edited thanks to David.
10. It was nice to see the turtles out sunning themselves.
11. A view of the Chesapeake Bay from the trail.
I am thankful my hubby and I are staying healthy, all of my family is healthy and happy. I am always thankful for nature, thankful for the Maryland State Parks. Go outside and breathe deeply. Enjoy every moment.
Thank you to Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you to Jutta the host of Nature Thursday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊