Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I continue with images from our daily walks, with the grand-dogs on the fire roads and to the lake.
1. July 5th, on the fire road to the lake, we saw the usual Belted Kingfisher hanging out, Indian Pipe fungi, Nibbles and Winnie the Corgi.
2. July 10th, we took a walk on the pine tree loop fire road, a 10K bike ride was happening around our lake neighborhood. The dogs did not seem to mind the bikes whizzing by as we walked up the street to get to the fire road.
3. July 11th, another walk to the lake with the grand-dogs. A small group of Canada Geese were hanging out on the lake, the dogs enjoy the lake scenery just as much as we do.
4. July 12th, our walk on the local fire road with the grand-dogs. Winnie likes smelling the ferns, looks like something was eating the mushroom, I am guessing the bird lower right is an Acadian Flycatcher. I did hear one while we were walking.
5. July 13th, our walk with the dogs to the lake. A bad storm the evening before took some trees down along with taking out our power for 24 hours. Nibbles had no trouble jumping over the big tree and Winnie the Corgi was able to go under the tree. We saw 4-5 Wood Ducks at the lake. The top right shows a female or young Wood Duck. The female has a white eye patch and a little white on it's flanks.
6. July 14th, some of our summer annuals, the Lantana is attracting both the butterflies and the hummingbird moth.
7. July 15th, our walk with the grand-dogs on the local fire road. We heard our son will be settling on his new home at the end of the month. The grand-dogs will be leaving us and moving to their new home soon. I think they have enjoyed their time with us, all the walks in the forest and to the lake.
8. July 16th, images from our walk to the lake with grand-dogs, a view of the lake, a snake was seen swimming in the lake, some wildflowers and shelf mushrooms.
9. July 16th at home in the yard are some of my yard birds. A cute female Northern Cardinal, a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird and a Carolina Chickadee and a gray squirrel perched on top of our dead tree.
10. A larger image of the female Cardinal, she is pretty.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!