Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
Hubby and I have recently visited the Great Falls National Park near Potomac Md. We make it a day trip, stopping at a local French bakery for a sandwich for our little picnic. We also stop at Riley's Lock and walk along the C&O Canal trail.
1. Below are photos of the Potomac River @ Great Falls NP, the C&O Canal trail @ Great Falls, Great Blue Heron, Canal Lock, Canal, Mallard, Black Vultures and Turkey Vultures.
2. A view of the C&O Canal and the trail.
3. There is a Great Blue Heron rookery or is it called a heronry, so there are plenty of Herons to see at the Great Falls @ Potomac River.
4. A mix of Black Vulture are seen with their Black Head and the Turkeys Vultures have the red heads.
5. I always enjoy seeing the Great Blue Herons, they pose so nicely for me and my camera.
6. Below are some of the scenes and wildlife we saw along the C&O Canal trail at Riley's Lock. A group of Wood Ducks, a Common Whitetail Skimmer, more Wood Ducks, Great Blue Heron, Zebra Swallowtail butterfly, Prothonotary Warbler, Black-crowned Night Heron, Slider Turtles, Black-crowned Night Heron.
7. A few Slider Turtles hanging out with the Wood Ducks.
8. The Red-eared Slider Turtles are non-native but the Eastern Painted Turtle is a native turtle seen in Maryland. Below the photo could be a mix of both of the native and non-native turtles.
9. I usually see a Green Heron in this area, but on this day I saw the Black-crowned Night Herons.
10. A Common Whitetail Skimmer above the pond and duck weed.
11. A closer look at the Wood Ducks.
12. A Great Blue Heron was seen on the canal side hunting for food.
I hope you enjoyed our walk at the park and on the canal trail, the birds and wildlife are always great to see.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.