Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
These are some photos from our visit to Bombay Hook NWR, we were able to visit early in the morning since we had spent one night at the Dover Delaware hotel. It is one of my favorite places, to bird from our car. The bugs can be horrible in the summer, I was happy to take my photos from the car window.
1. Top row are the Snowy Egrets and American Avocet, Black-necked Stilts, Great Blue Heron and a Great Horned Owl. Middle row are the Black Skimmers, Willet, Ospreys and Mallard. Bottom row are a rabbit, possible Mud Turtle, Bald Eagle and a Mute Swan.
2. We saw a few Blue Grosbeaks, easy to id with their rusty colored wing bar.
3. The Black Skimmers seen doing their thing skimming over the pond.
4. The American Avocets are so pretty, one of my favorite shorebirds.
5. A few Snowy Egrets with an American Avocet.
6. The non-native Mute Swan are a common sighting at Bombay Hook NWR.
7. Apparently the Black-necked Stilts do not approve of the Mute Swans being in their habitat. The Black-necked Stilts had a nest nearby they were being very protective.
8. Hubby and I enjoyed watching this Great Horned Owl from our car, we making are way along the wildlife drive when I spotted this owl out on a branch in the open.
9. I was happy to see this Great Horned Owl out on an open branch.
10. Ospreys were on the same trees as the day before, a small bird is chasing one of the Ospreys.
11. A Great Blue Heron shows off his wing span and is happy to be social distancing.
I hope you enjoyed the birds from Bombay Hook NWR, it is a great place for birding from the comfort of your car.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.