Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
1. Jan 17th , I heard the Blue Jays and other birds fussing outside my window. I can see why they were upset, this Red-shouldered Hawk was sitting in our backyard tree.
2. It flew off after I was able to take a few photos, I am sure I ruined this hawk's dining plans.
In the news, recently an Eurasian Goldfinch has been seen at feeders hanging outside a Columbia Md nature store. I would love to see this Eurasian Goldfinch but I am no longer chasing birds. Even if I went to see this bird, I am not sure if this could be considered a lifer? Most likely this Eurasian Goldfinch is an escapee, someone's pet? I will share my pretty American Goldfinches seen at my feeder.
3. Two American Goldfinches outside my window.
4. I am constantly battling the Gray Squirrels, I have given up. I think they eat more of my bird seed than my birds are able to eat.
5. At the feeders, a Downy Woodpecker in front, a Hairy Woodpecker in the middle and last is a Red-breasted Nuthatch.
6. Another look at the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers. They look so similar. The Hairy Woodpecker is overall larger in size, the head and body is larger also the bill is thicker and longer.
7. The squirrels just sit in the feeder and feast on the bird seed.
to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate
everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
Also visit: I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the host Anni.