Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
I have a mish-mash of critters and photos to share. Another sighting of the Red-shouldered Hawk, Pileated Woodpecker continues to visit our wood pile, a flock of Eastern Bluebirds visited our yard for just a bit. I also have some photos from our time watching the grand-dogs Nibbles and Winnie the Corgi.
1. I think I lost one of my Dark-eyed Juncos, it is not the best photo. It was taken through my kitchen window. Not sure, if this is the Red-shouldered Hawk I have been seeing hanging around the yard.
Update: thanks to Ken of Rosyfinch Ramblings for the Cooper's Hawk id below.
2. The Pileated Woodpecker can been seen almost daily in the back part of our yard.
3. Pileated Woodpecker, photo taken on Valentine's Day.
4. One day I noticed 5-6 Eastern Bluebirds in our yard, they checked out two of the birdhouses. It was a cold snowy day, I think they were looking for warm protection from the weather.
5. Two male Eastern Bluebirds, perched on the wood pile. One Bluebird was checking out another one of my birdhouses.
6. I think this is a female Eastern Bluebird checking out one of our birdhouses.
7. We spent a couple of night at my son's home watching the grand-dogs when our DIL went into labor. Our grandson Wyatt was born on 2/15.
Nibbles is a sweetie giving up her bigger bed for Winnie the Corgi. They are both sweet dogs, it was fun watching the grand-dogs for a few days. It will be interesting to see how they react to their human brother Wyatt.
to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate
everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
Also visit: I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the host Anni.