Hello, Happy Thursday!
Hubby and I look forward to the nice weather for our walks and outings. It seems like the weather people can not always predict the weather lately. We wanted to get away for a night or two but the weather was not cooperating.
1. So we go on, taking our daily walks. On this day we were able to drive an 1 1/2 hour away to the Great Falls National Park in Potomac Maryland. We walked a total of 5.3 miles at the C&O Canal Trail earlier and at Great Falls.
2. Great Falls National Park visitor center. It was a pretty blue sky day...My kind of weather, cool, sunny and clear skies.
3. The C& O Canal Trail at Great Falls, not a cloud in the sky.
4. The Canal Boat and canal was being worked on while we were there.
5. Me and my shadow are seen below in the white water without a raft and paddle.
6. Below are a few Warblers and friends, top row Northern Parula. Bottom row is the Black & White Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo and a Black-throated Green Warbler. These were all seen in one spot along the trail to the Great Falls Overlook.
10. A Yellow-billed Cuckoo seen right off the trail. I do not usually see these birds on the ground, they are usually found in the tree tops. This Cuckoo was seen flying and landing on the ground.
11. Pretty blue sky and the Potomac River. The Great Falls National Park is split between the states of Maryland and Virginia by the Potomac River.
I am thankful for correct weather predictions.
I am thankful for planned outings.
I am always thankful to survive driving on the DC 495 Beltway and on the I-95, there are some crazy drivers out there.
I am thankful for long walks with nature.
Take care and stay safe!
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Keep smiling!
Thank you Michelle for hosting Thankful Thursday.
Thank you to Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊