Missing our traveling, the urge to go somewhere was strong. We had been talking about Chincoteague Island Virginia, the weather was perfect so off we go. We wore our mask and kept our distance, it was easy take the necessary health precautions. I have lots more photos from our Chincoteague Island Virginia getaway. We saw a beautiful sunset, the wild ponies, lots of birds and the beautiful beach. At 3pm they open the wildlife drive, hubby and I had great bird sightings, pretty views of fall colors and the marsh land.
1. I am guessing at the bird id below, a juvenile Yellow-crowned Night Heron. It has the dark beak and little white spots on the coverts.
It's a beautiful day,
don't let it get away! A song from U2, is stuck in my head. It's a beautiful day!
2. Hubby and I both love spending time outdoors with nature. We rarely visit cities, I am thankful for green spaces, parks and beaches.
Below various ducks, Great Egret and the Belted Kingfisher.
3. I like watching the birds lift off the ground, fly around only to land in the same spot. Below were various gulls, cormorants and terns.
4. Me and my shadow have some long legs, the day was almost over and we were heading to a spot to watch the sunset.
5. A Great Blue Heron has it's own fishing spot.
6. Sunset at Tom's Cove in Assateague Island National Seashore, thankful for a beautiful day and lovely sunset.
7. A beautiful sky and sunset.
8. Tom's Cove sunset, there is a water tower to the left side.
I am thankful for beautiful weather and skies and gorgeous sunsets.
I am thankful for everything nature related.
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Keep smiling!
Thank you Michelle for hosting Thankful Thursday.
Thank you to Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thank you for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!! 😊