It is hard to believe it is the last week of October, these days are going by way too fast. I am sharing some of the fall colors, back yard birds and neighborhood scenes from our walks. I have a mix of migrant warblers and FOY winter birds arriving, I am lucky to see some great birds in my backyard.
1. Hermit Thrush on the Devil's Walking stick, eating berries.
2. A walk on our local fire road, the trees were looking pretty and colorful. The shorter bushes were turning a pretty yellow color. The bigger trees were lovely oranges and yellows.
3. Scenes from my ride to pick up our carry-out dinner from the local Friendly Farm restaurant. They have a few ponds, the Canada Geese seem to enjoy hanging out at the pond and their property.
4. My new feeder, I have a mixed blend of sunflowers chips, safflower and peanuts. The birds seem to enjoy the new food.
Birds seen below are the Tufted Titmouse, White-breasted Nuthatch and a Carolina Chickadee.
5. The view out my kitchen window, the fall colors are looking pretty. We have a nice view while washing dishes.
6. A week later, the same view out our kitchen window, fall colors are a little more colorful.
7. Our potted plants on the deck are still blooming, the Lantana has lots of blooms as of 10-21-20.
8. A look at the fire road and the the colorful trees. A pretty day for a walk.
9. One evening we had a pretty sunset, seen from our deck.
10. I am ending with some more back yard birds seen on 10-19-20, a few new winter birds have arrived.
Below in the top row: A Northern Mockingbird and a male Blue-throated Blue Warbler. Bottom row is a female Purple Finch with an American Goldfinch mostly hidden, the Red-bellied Woodpecker and my FOY Red-breasted Nutatch.
My world lately is like this mish-mash post and photos from the middle of October. The fall colors seem to be a hit or miss. Some leaves are not colorful and seem more of a dull rust or brown, more leaves and acorns are on the ground. We voted, we dropped off our ballot in a local drop box. We already had an email stating it was received. Hubby and I are happy and healthy at this time, I hope everyone is doing well too.
happening in your corner of the world? Please check out and visit the
following memes and links. I hope to see you there.
Thanks to Angie the host of Mosaic Monday
Thanks for visiting and commenting, have a happy day and a great new week!