Saturday, October 10, 2026

Saturday's Critters # 669

 Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir


My mish mash of photos, still way behind sharing my walks on the fire roads at Prettyboy and walks on the NCR bike trail.  Some various photos like the sky shot and some flowers. 


Click on images for better viewing.



1. On dialysis morning it is just me and Miney out for a walk on the fire road.  I always enjoy seeing the sun shining through the trees.





2. A walk on the NCR bike trail in Parkton, with hubby and Miney. Hubby has a spot to rest from our walk. We saw pretty Cardinal flowers and cool looking mushrooms. 





3. On this day I took a few photos from my walk around the dialysis center, I like these pretty purple flowers, not sure of their name, I would like some growing around my house. After a sprinkle of rain I saw half a rainbow while on the parking lot. 











4. Our walk on the local fire road, with hubby and Miney. We saw an American Dagger Caterpillar and a Fritillary Butterfly. 




5. My Prettyboy Merlin birds, heard on my local fire road walk photos of the trail above. 







6. The Pileated Woodpecker can be heard often while we are walking on the local fire road.







7. On the back road to our local Walmart we pass this farm that has a large group of mules. They look so cute. They are working mules I have seen some hooked up to a wagon.







8. Pokeweed is a Maryland native plant, the berries are a good source of food for the wild birds. The stems are purple, the berries hang in clusters which are green to start and then they turn a glossy purple. The berries are poisonous for humans but they are safe for the birds and wildlife. For some reason this year we have this plant growing all around our yard.  If it makes the birds happy, I am happy. 






I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday   I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.




Check out  Catblogosphere.com





Here is my linky:






Thank you for sharing your critters and post! 

15 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a relaxing and calm walk...lovely rainbow! Happy Saturday, Eileen.

DeniseinVA said...

Always a lot of fun things to see on your walk. I always enjoy looking at your photos. Thanks for sharing today’s treats Eileen and have a great weekend :)

Nancy J said...

The purple flower plant might be a Liriope. Good to see everyone out for a gentle walk.

Rostrose said...

As always, dear Eileen: I’ll be back a bit later with a proper comment 🤗.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

So many wonderful critters. Seeing the sun rays through the trees always feels so special. Take care both of you and have a lovely weekend with Miney.

-Soma

EricaSta said...

Good morning, dear blogfriend Eileen. It's early in the morning and - sorry - I must busy.

I will come back later. Thank you for sharing and for hosting. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

magiceye said...

Lovely rainbow 🌈
Have a great weekend!

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a peaceful batch of photos, Eileen. Catching a half-rainbow after the rain is always magical.

rupam sarma said...

Hope you are doing well. Beautiful post.
Loved your Husband and Miney's walks. Awesome pics. Glad to see Rainbow.
Thanks a lot for hosting.

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You have such gorgeous trails to walk at. Those purple flowers remind me of lupines, but the leaves are different. We have the stepladder woodpecker in my part of the world. I like those mules. Blessings!

Marit said...

Hello Eileen,
You always share so many lovely photos from your walks with Miney. The flowers you show are beautiful, and the scenery is stunning.
I believe those flowers are called *Liriope muscari*. I could be wrong, of course, but you can Google them and see if that’s right.
Take care, and have a wonderful weekend!

Irma said...

Hello Eileen,
This is a beautiful series of photos and collages.
I think the woodpecker is wonderful, it’s my favorite.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Eileen - the Fritillary Butterfly looks like cotton candy! And the woodpecker looks so... concentrated!
The mules!!! And very interesting - and useful - with those berries! Always good to learn such things and in time, too!
To a great day, the sun is coming out!

italiafinlandia said...

The Pokeweed grows in Finland too. The Pileated woodpecker is so unique...and the Fritillary butterfly a joy for the eyes.
Happy weekend! Enjoy the sunny autumn days.

italiafinlandia said...

Hello again!
I read somewhere that today October 10th is World Migratory Birds' Day. 😃

Saturday's Critters # 669

  Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday !  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about ...