Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
Click on images for better viewing.
"Try to pause each day and take a walk to see nature."
1. I have a section of the NCR bike trail where I love to walk and listen to the birds. I always hear lots of birds and on this day the deer were running across the trail. No deer photos, they were quick to get away.
2. Our morning walk on the local fire road, this time with hubby and Miney. I saw lots of mushrooms, I never pick them. I would not know which ones are safe to eat.
"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
3. Every other Sunday we try to visit the family and have lunch together. This day we celebrated our DIL's birthday. Below Winnie our grand-dog is always happy to see us.
Below Michael,is that a guilty look, eating some of Allie's birthday ice cream cake.
The kiddies love to dance with their Pop-Pop.
4. There are times my butterfly bushes look like they are moving from all the different butterflies hovering around the blooms.
5. Below are two Silver-spotted Skippers.
6. Below are two Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterflies and one Black Swallowtail.
7. I am seeing lots of Swallowtail butterflies and I finally saw one Monarch.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!






76 comments:
Same here, lots of mushrooms at this time of the year in the woods, but I cannot recognize them properly to pick up the edible ones. Lovely butterfly!
It looks like everyone had a wonderful time celebrating your DIL's birthday with ice cream cake and dancing with Pop-Pop.
Winnie is so cute 🥰
Have a great weekend!
Dear Eileen, oh, it all loos so summerly and jippee for family fun! Have a great Saturday!
I am thinking that your deer are as common as the monkeys we meet everyday in the neighbourhood.
What a happy family.
Have an enjoyable weekend.
such special times making memories with hubby, children and grand children. Have a wonderful week, and thankyou again for the link up. I do like the look of your walks. Though I think you have bears in your area? I wouldn't want to meet one of them.
As always, dear Eileen: I’ll be back a bit later with a proper comment - Hugs Traude 🤗
Hi Eileen, your photos are beautiful and perfectly showcased.
Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend.
Good morning, dear blogfriend Eileen. Your scenes of family life makes me smiling. How lovely, Celebrating with the grandchildren. And Minie laughs too on the captures. Thank you for sharing your wonderful family.
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Hello Eileen,
The photos you’re sharing are wonderful. Miney is always so sweet, and so are your grandchildren. You have so many lovely butterfly bushes and very beautiful butterflies.
Take care, and have a wonderful day and weekend!
Lovely butterflies and critters. Nice that you get together and enjoy family life.
Have a nice Saturday and a family weekend!
Hello Eileen,
This is a beautiful series of photos.
The butterflies are lovely.
It’s wonderful that you can visit your children and grandchildren, things can turn out very differently, we haven’t had any contact with our son for nine years now, our daughter-in-law played a major role in that.
I wish you a wonderful weekend.
All the best, Irma
Hello, Hope your are doing fine. Glad to read your post. So beautiful pics. Miney and your husband's nature walk always favorite. Winnie looks cute. Awesome butterflies. Happy weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting. Greetings.
Dear Eileen, I’ve enjoyed accompanying you and your dear hubby on the Miney walks. I saw a deer recently too, and—just like in your case—it was too fast for a photo. Luckily, we at least SAW it.
Belated birthday wishes to your daughter-in-law! I loved seeing your husband and the grandkids enjoying each other's company. And that sweet look from Winnie says it all.
How lovely to see so many butterflies in your garden. There’s a swallowtail on my blog this time, too.
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html
Dear Eileen have a wonderful Saturday. Nice pics of family and butterflies. I love them but it seems that they become more and more less.
Warm greetings from Greece
Hari OM
The walks with Miney are always fun to see - but today, the family photos shine! Thank you for sharing the smiles. YAM xx
Tão lindos passeios e caminhadas...
Borboletas, cogumelos, flores ,tudo lindo!
Mas os netinhos e o vovô dançando maravilha de ver!
As crianças adoram e brincam felizes.Estão lindos os netinhos!
beijos, ótimo fim de semana, chica
What could be better? Critters and grandies!
Hello Eileen,
Congratulations with Allie's birthday.
Nice to see the kids enjoy of the birthday ice cream cake.
Nice pictures!!
Picture 3 of the dog is so nice. Nice to see the nature of this time. A good time for a walk.
Many greetings,
Marco
Winnie likes the company
I love your family photos! You all have such fun together. Love the trails you get to walk with your dog too and the pretty butterflies. We are so very blessed! Enjoy your weekend my friend, Diane
It is nice you have the routine of spending special time with your Grandchildren! You are making sweet memories for them that will last their life time.
...trying every other Sunday to visit your family and having lunch together is a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing your butterfly collection, take care and be well.
Hi Eileen, beautiful photos of your walk, the dogs and your family. We don't have many mushrooms here. Have a nice weekend ! Take care. Greets
Hi Eileen!
From woodland paths where swift deer flee,
to butterflies dancing joyfully,
from Miney’s walk to birthday cheer,
your love of life shines bright and clear.
Nature and family, side by side—
what lovely blessings you provide!
PS Hubby is looking well. How is he doing? Wishing you and hubby a happy weekend and week ahead. Seattle has just started cooling off and the last few days have felt like Fall is on the way. Thank you, as always, for sharing and hosting Saturday’s Critters. And thank you for your very kind comments on my last blog post! John
Great photos. I love the butterflies. I've been seeing lots of interesting mushrooms of all shapes and sizes in my neighborhood.
Hello, Eileen! It looks like everyone had a good time at the birthday party. May you all enjoy many more happy returns of the occasion. Lovely butterfly photos and the dogs too! Thanks for hosting, have a great new week.
Awesome photos of your lovely family ~and nature shots are delightful ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^
Mother Nature and family, including doggos!
Wonderful!
Your grand-dog Winnie is a cutie, but your grandkids take the cake. I love seeing the pics of them dancing with their Pop-Pop. You got some great pics of butterflies too. The Monarchs come through Del Rio around October, so I hope I can get some good photos of them then. Blessings, my friend!
awwwww...miney, your constant companion!! the hubs looks good as do those adorable grandchildren. i have been seeing so many tiger swallowtails in my yard, i have been wondering if raising them would be an option. have a great weekend and many thanks for hosting!!
The butterflies are all so beautiful, Eileen.
I envy you with the many butterflies you have.
Finally something to share! What a great trail -- Miney loves it. Do Miney and Winnie get along?
Such wonderful photos and your header is so pretty!
Sorry I forgot to post my blog here till now. But I agree with you completely...being out in nature is energizing.
Lovely photos of the critters and your family. Beautiful butterflies.
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
The kiddies do love to dance with their Pop-Pop.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thanks, Miney is a cutie!
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
We are starting to cool off now, the days are getting shorter.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Rainfield, for your comment and your visit.
I can not imagine having monkeys in our neighborhood.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jill, for your link and your comment.
We do spending time with the grandkids.
I have not seen a bear lately, but I heard some neighbors have seen one.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thanks Traude! Enjoy your weekend.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
Family time is much better than doctor visits.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Marit, for your comment and your visit.
The butterflies were plentiful this summer.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
I am sorry you are not seeing your son.
I do enjoy seeing all the butterflies this season.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Our nature walks are enjoyed so much.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Traude, for your link and your comment.
We all enjoy our nature walks. Winnie is a sweet dog, she is always so happy to see us visit. The Swallowtails are lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Violetta, for your link and your comment.
Out summer wildlife sightings are dwindling down.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you YAM, for your link and your comment.
Family time is a joy, much better than all the doctors visits and test lately.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
It is a joy to spend time with the grandchildren and family.
Pop-pop loves his dancing with the kiddies.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
So true, nothing better than critters and the grands.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you William, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
We do try to have fun times, lately it's been lots of doctors and tests.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Alexandra, for your link and your comment.
Spending time with the grandkids is a joy.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
Faimly time is a joy!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Caroline, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you John, for your poem and your comment.
We are starting to cool off some too, nice walking weather.
Hubby has lots of tests to be done and more doctors visits. Surgery could happen in the near future.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Judee, for your link and your comment.
I like finding all the different mushrooms.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
The doggies and the kiddies are cuties.
I have not seen many Monarchs this season.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Debbie, for your link and your comment.
I am sure you could find a way to raise the Swallowtails too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Red, for your comment and your visit.
I was happy with all the butterflies I saw this past season.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jeanie, for your link and your comment.
I am always happy to see your critters.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Barb, for your link and your comment.
Nature is soothing.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Post a Comment