Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
Click on images for better viewing.
1. I am addicted to the Merlin App, I have it on during everyone of my walks with Miney. I included one of my Goldfinch photos with the Merlin app screenshot.
2. July 8, walk with Miney on our local Prettyboy fire road. This local fire road trail is mostly covered with pine needles, which makes walking so much easier. The weeds and grasses are taking over some of our other local trails. They need to come and cut the grass on the trails, I am sure the ticks and bugs love the long grass.
" A walk in nature walks the soul back home."
3. I am sticking to the same trail for walking Miney, we walk till we come to the downed tree and then turn around and go back home.
"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
The Pine Warbler is another breeder in our local Prettyboy Watershed, I hear them calling off the trail and they sometimes visit my deck for some food.
4. Miney loves her walk on the fire road!
You can see the reservoir is still low, the water usually is up to the trees. The Killdeer are enjoying the muddy area and the geese love the grasses that are growing.
5. A zoomed in look at a Killdeer, I saw 8-10 Killdeer running around the muddy area.
| Killdeer |
A Bald Eagle spooked the Killdeer flying in and making the Killdeer take off and fly around. The Eagle landed in a tree and the Killdeer went back to their spot on the mud.
Prettyboy Merlin birds, from our walk to the reservoir.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!














129 comments:
So many beautiful birds and that pine warbler is a treasure!
Beautiful colourful birds captured 😍
Wish you a happy weekend!
Those trails between the gigantic pine trees are breathtaking. I love the pictures you took of the sweet scarlet tanager and pine warbler. Have a blessed weekend!
Good morning, dear blogfriend Eileen. I walked with you and sweet Minnie along your path. The App seems help, bringing interesting informations in belong the different birds. It's always a great pleasure for me.
Thank you for sharing and for hosting. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Hello Eileen,
There are many beautiful birds you see and hear when you walk with Miney. The Goldfinch and the Red Cardinal are so beautiful, and Miney is always so cute.
Take care, and have a nice day and weekend!
As always: I'll get back to you later with a proper comment 🤗.
Hari OM
I like how you got creative with images from Merlin combined with birds spotted! I too love the app. Happy weekend. YAM xx
Always a pleasure to be with you and Miney among the birds, Eileen 💋
Hello Eileen,
Beautiful photos of your walks in the woods.
It was nice of you to combine a bird and the Merlin app, a nice idea.
I think the Merlin app is great too and I use it regularly, though you don't hear many birds here anymore.
The photo of the scarlet tanager and the pine warbler are my favorites.
I wish you a very good weekend.
All the best, Irma
Why Killdeer? Now I see.
Its shrill, two-syllable call is often heard, sounding like "kill deer".
I love to read the english names of the birds which I even don't know in German 😊 Have a good time and all the best
Violetta
The Scarlet Tanager and the Pine Warbler are my favs - so many wonderful birds!!! Have a great weekend, full of sweet critters.
Hi Eileen, you certainly have some beautifully coloured small birds there, and the walk trail looks like a lovely place to walk with Miney. I agree with your quotes about getting ut in nature. We did a lot of that this past weekend, but I will blog about that soon when I have my photos sorted. For this week, we are at Echuca on the Murray River. Enjoy your week, and thankyou again for the linkup.
As caminhadas matinais sempre boas e fazem bem pra ti e pra Miney! Lin
das fotos e que coisa boa o aplicativo que usas bastante!
O reservatório bem baixxo o nível de água!
Ótimo fim de semana! beijos, chica
Very colourful birds.
I totally agree about Merlin! Some of our birds have begun migration, and I shall miss them. I love the header. Miney is such a great pup.
the Scarlet Tanager is one of my favorite birds ever!
It's amazing how many birds you see on your walks. They are truly beautiful and I appreciate finding out their names.
...thanks Eileen I need to be become addicted to the Merlin App too. You heard a choir of beautiful music. Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
It's cool how Merlin works his magic! The eagle is amazing!!! Hello sweet Miney!
Hello, Eileen. That is indeed a very pretty locale and it is full of wonderful bird life. That scarlet tanager is a beauty! Thanks for hosting and have great new week!
Beautiful birds!
Miney is handsome and great series of photos of your walk on the fire road ~ hard to pick a favorite ~ love them all ~ Hugs ^_^
The scarlet tanager is a stunner!
I am always amazed at the number of birds you pick up on camera and with the merlin app. I love that app!!
I like how you paired the merlin screenshot with photos of your own.
So many birds, Eileen. I love seeing the Killdeer - haven't seen one in ages.
I see you are a dedicated birder. Wonderful photos of these birds. I've been hoping to see a Scarlet Tanager, but so far no luck.
The pines are so tall! Like a Mother Nature Cathedral.
Killdeer have a unique song.
Happy Saturday, Eileen! So many beautiful and colorful birds along your walk. Seeing an eagle is always a treat! Will the forest service eventually move that dead fall tree? It seems like it is a hazard if they need to navigate that road for some purpose. I feel a bit of fall approaching...cooler mornings! :)
love Carolina wren .....cute bird.
I don't have a post for you this morning. But I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your walks with your pup, and seeing the reservoir and the critters around it.
Truly awesome birds, Loved the post as always. Great clicks.
Have a great weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting.
I don't have a thing to share here but I always enjoy seeing your birds!
Nice captures of birds, Eileen, but also of the path that runs beneath the tall slender trees surrounding it. :)
Miney is the best companion. I love the Scarlet Tanager and the Killdeer. Wish I could be back out hiking more but it's still too hot. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane
Good captures of the Kildeer and the Bald eagle in particular. I think they the Kildeer is a pretty bird. Mine is a great company for a walk in the nature.
Have a nice weekend, with a lovely sunshine! 🌞
WOW! Excellent bird shots!!
"A walk in nature walks the soul back home." - What a wise saying, dear Eileen! It perfectly expresses my own experience.
Even when I'm feeling unhappy for whatever reason, I feel nature trying to comfort me. Right now, though, I'm quite worried about some developments. Like in your place, water levels are extremely low here, and there are fires here and there because we had weeks without rain and extremely high temperatures. Now it's rained for three days – and grass is actually growing again immediately... and weeds... Oh well. From your description, I see that even the mud has its fans – the killdeer seem to like it because they find plenty of food in it. It's good to know there are positive aspects to it, too.
All the best from Austria 🤗 and cuddles to Miney!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/reisebericht-2025-hope-manchmal-ist.html
I love seeing where Miney takes you for a walk! I enjoy walking on trails covered in pine needles. Lately, Merlin has been having a hay day here with fall migration starting. Thank You for continuing to host your Saturday Critter Party!
Hi Eileen, you and Miney have outdone yourselves! Gorgeous captures of the birds! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Hello Eileen
I always enjoy seeing your sightings and Miney certainly seems to enjoy his walks with you..
The scarlet tanager's colouring is amazing.
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
Miney is a lucky pup :) Thank you for sharing all these wonderful sights Eileen. I have downloaded the Merlin app and will be sure to use it the next time we go out. It is always fascinating to see what you see and hear. Happy weekend and have a great week ahead.
Miney is a sweet companion! I like seeing the eagle.
All beauties, especially the tanager. We never see those near us.
Love all the bird shots and Miney photos. The Scarlet Tanager is a stunning colour. Thanks for hosting and commenting. Have a lovely week ahead
There’s so much to see in your area, it’s a wonder you ever come inside.
I’m a little jealous. I don’t have pictures of all those birds.
Birds are such beloved creatures of nature.
Here, you have such beautiful photos of them in their natural habitat!!
I always enjoy seeing your walks with Miney, and the app seems wonderful! I am glad you are able to enjoy it.
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
The Pine Warbler is a beauty!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
The Tanager and Warbler are two of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
I do have fun using the Merlin App.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marit, for your link and your comment.
Miney is a cutie!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Traude, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you YAM, for your comment and your visit.
The Merlin App is fun to use.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Cloudia, for your link and your comment.
I am happy you are able to join me and Miney.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
The Tanager and Warbler are two of my favorite birds too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Rainfield. for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Violetta, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
The Tanager and Warbler are two of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jill, for your link and your comment.
I do love my walk out in nature.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
Hopefully we get some rain to help fill up the reservoir.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you William, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
I think some of our summer birds have left too, I miss them already.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Mae, for your comment and your visit.
The Scarlet Tanager is one of my favorites too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Judee, for your link and your comment.
The Merlin App is fun to use, I have learn many new bird sounds. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
I do enjoy listening to all the birds on my walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Miney says hello to you! The Eagle is a treat to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
Everyone loves the Scarlet Tanager, it is a beauty!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Miney and I do enjoy our walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Yes, the Scarlet Tanager is beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Yogi, for your link and your comment.
I do love using the Merlin App, I have learned some new bird sounds. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
The Killdeer is a sweet bird.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
We are lucky to have the Scarlet Tanager breeding in the forest around our home.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
I do love the trail with the tall pines.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Pat, for your link and your comment.
They usually come by clear the downed trees and cut the grass in time for the start of bow hunt season in September.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The wren is a cutie!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Barb, for your comment and I appreciate your visit. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jeanie, I appreciate your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Maria, for your link and your comment.
The Pine tree trail is one of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
I hope your weather cools down and you are able to get outdoors in nature.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
The Killdeer are pretty birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Traude, for your link and your comment.
Nature is soothing, I feel more relaxed while walking in a forest. The birds do love foraging in the mud for food.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Alexandra, for your link and your comment.
I do love using the Merlin app on my walks, there are times when it is not perfect. Recently it came announced 2 different duck that are only here in the winter months. Unless they decided to arrive early.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your kind comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jan, for your comment and your visit.
Miney does enjoy our walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Lisa, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Katerina, for your comment and your visit.
Nature and the birds are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
I do have lots of bird photos.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Denise, for your comment and your visit.
I hope you enjoy using the Merlin App.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Michelle, for your comment and your visit.
Miney is a sweet dog, loves her walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The Tanager is a beauty!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
Everyone loves the Scarlet Tanager.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
We love all your bird photos. We rarely get gold finches at our feeders, but they have been coming this summer for the sunflowers. Some of the birdies you shared we have never seen before. Gorgeous creatures. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali
Yes, I agree... it's important to respect the nature. Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday and leasing your nice comment.
Greetings by Heidrun
Thank you for your link and your comment.
I wish I had sunflowers growing in my yard. Many birds love the sunflower seeds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for hosting the Mosaic party.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
That app is a great companion on your walk besides Miney. That's a great landmark for your turnaround point.
The pictures are all beautiful. I especially loved the one of the Pine Warbler.
I had never heard of a Killdeer before. I googled it to see how it got that name - I was relieved to see the name stemmed from the sound it emits, which sounds as if it's saying "kill deer". Relieved - because I had envisioned a creature that spooks deer and drives them into the path of oncoming traffic!!!
Hello Eileen, happy Sunday to you and thank you for sharing your lovely walk photos, especially the Killdeer, I still miss around here. It's funny you mentioned not seeing many butterflies, I agree, even the ticks and mosquitoes have been not so present. Odd, very odd I feel. Climate changes perhaps. Miney is a sweet girl and it's great you have her to share walks with. My Dash is pretty blind right now, he's 17 and still here though, but walks are weird. I have two of my grand pups spending the weekend and we've been doing lots of walking together! Enjoy your week ahead!
My son spent a few days at a bird tagging camp last week. He also brought back a whole bunch of photos of different birds, very interesting!
We adored today's nature trek with mew, so epically pawesome, and an eagle, WOW, so exciting!!! Supurr photos, epic fun, thanks for taking us along, we had a great time!! Happy Monday!!! 🐾✨😻✨🐾
It is sad to see the reservoir so low. I hope you get plenty of rain and soon.
Amalia
xo
I'm glad to see that Miney and you discover all those interesting bird sounds. My post is a bit late, but I wanted to share from my new blog site.
Hello Eileen,
Nice pictures again. So nice to see these birds. Amazing with the red colors. So special to see them in the wild.
Many greetings,
Marco
I saw quite a few goldfinches over the weekend while we were out and about enjoying nature. Yellow is a happy color.
I love seeing what birds and animals you'll see each week. Loved the pictures.
Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
Miney loves her walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
LOL, what a sight it would be to see Killdeer chasing deer.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your link.
I am finally seeing more butterflies, they are a treat to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I would think a tagging camp would be fun for a birdwatcher.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your link.
The eagles are always a treat to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Amalia, for your comment and your visit.
We still need lots of rain here.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Barb , for your comment and your visit.
I appreciate you linking up your post.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
I do enjoy seeing all the wild birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Sharon, for your comment and your link.
Yes, yellow is a happy color.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Lovely selection of birds. Hope you get some rain soon, to fill up that reservoir
all of the birds are so beautiful but that scarlet tanager is such a treat!! thanks for visiting me...i hope to get back into the swing of things!!
Such a joy to see Miney enjoying the trails and all those colorful birds! The Scarlet Tanager and Pine Warbler are real gems, and I love how you paired your photos with the Merlin app. Nature always has a way of lifting the spirit.
Thank you Juliet, for your comment and visit.
I hope we get some rain soon.
Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and happy weekend.
Thank you Debbie, for your comment and visit.
The tanager is a beauty. I hope you are feeling better each day. It is nice to be home recovering. Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and happy weekend.
Thank you Veronica, for your visit and comment.
They are two of my favorite birds too.
Nature is soothing.
Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and happy weekend.
Otro precioso paseo, me ha encantado ver todo lo del sendero. Deseo que pases un bonito domingo. Besos.
Post a Comment