Saturday, August 29, 2026

Saturday's Critters # 663

Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir


My mish mash of photos and wildlife from my walks and my back yard. Current news my hubby has been seeing lots of doctors and having many tests, all required to be put on the list for a kidney transplant. It has been a busy week with lots of appointments. 


Click on images for better viewing.



1. The three images below are of my Merlin Back yard birds, I included a few of my bird photos. The Baltimore Oriole, the Blue Jay and the House Wren. 




These Merlin birds ( list above and below) were heard from my deck, early in the morning.  












2. My walk with Miney at the Prettyboy watershed. During my walk I tend to hear the same birds in the same areas. 







3. Merlin Birds heard on my walk with Miney on the Prettyboy fire road.  I do not hear as many birds mid-day as I do early in the morning.  My daily walk with Miney on hubby's dialysis days are later. 










The Carolina Chickadee is another year round back yard bird for me. They have a cute sound.







4. My walk with Miney on the Prettyboy fire road. 











The White-breasted Nuthatch is one of my year round back yard birds. 




Our deck flowers are looking good, we do have to keep watering them, we keep missing rain in our area. I have Zinnias, Salvia and my favorite Lantana. The hummingbirds and butterflies love all these plants.






I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday   I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.




Check out  Catblogosphere.com





Here is my linky:






Thank you for sharing your critters and post! 

118 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Your App. did pick up a lot of cute birds that I have never seen over here. Hope you are having a great weekend!

EricaSta said...

Good morning dear Blogfriend Eileen! First of all, I pray for your husband. Hope you get help and good doctors too. Best wishes.
Thank you for sharing your walk through the nature.

Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

rainfield61 said...

I like the images of sky-rocking trees. They are awesome.
Stay safe; stay healthy.
Have a happy weekend.

italiafinlandia said...

Hello Eileen, I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I wish you all the best since now.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. Your flowers looks gorgeous.
Have a tranquil, restful weekend!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your deck flowers are looking absolutely stunning! The White-breasted Nuthatch and Black-capped Chickadee photos are gorgeous as well.

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You have such beautiful backyard birds. That Carolina Chickadee is very cute, and I love the White-breasted Nuthatch sweet face. Blessings!

Nancy J said...

Lantana, my Mum had that on the farm when I grew up, I can still recall the aroma of the leaves. Love the walk with your doggie.

Marit said...

Hello Eileen,
There are some impressive lists of birds you can hear in your area. The Blue Jay is always my favorite bird. All your flowers are also so beautiful.
Take care, and enjoy your day and weekend!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Your photos are so wonderful, and lovely flowers. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.

-Soma

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Absolutely gorgeous captures, Eileen. Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

You have such a variety of birds, it´s amazing. And your flowers! The rain last night destroyed mine, I reckon, aw, well....
Have a great Saturday, Eileen!

Irma said...

Hello Eileen,
I hope your husband is doing better, having so many tests isn't fun.
You heard and photographed many birds again during your walks.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma

William Kendall said...

Beautiful birds.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
First, good wishes for your husband. A close second, what a joy to have the Oriel visit your yard - to see such bright colour must surely life the heart. All birds bring smiles, that flash of yellow is extra special! YAM xx

rupam sarma said...

Hello, Hope you are doing well, Prayers for your Husband, Best wishes.
Awesome birds photos, Loved your app. So beautiful flowers. Have a great weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting.

chica said...

Eileen, meus melhores desejos pra que teu marido fique bem!
Adorei as fotos e quando passeias com Miney nós vemos as belezas de pássaros, flores e cores!
beijos, tudo de bom,chica

Caroline said...

Hi Eileen, beautiful photos of your walk with Miney, the birds and Miney. Good wishes for your hubby. Have a nice weekend ! Take care. Greets

Jeanie said...

I wish I saw all the birds I hear with Merlin! Mine seem more elusive than your beauties. LOVING your deck!

Jenn Jilks said...

I forgot to comment! Sigh. It's been a week.
Hope all is going well.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Another beautiful selection of bird and flower photos, Eileen! Thank you for hosting and have a great new week!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

PS: All the best for your husband!

Tom said...

...lovely critter as always, but you flowers caught my eye. Our lantanas are putting on a show here too. Thanks for hosting and be well.

an artist reflects said...

Prayers and healing energy hugs for your hubby and you ~ not easy for either of you ~ ^_^'
Lovely selection of birds 'and always good to see sweet Miney '
Hugs ^_^

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You have such a variety of birds in your area!! I love that you take lots of walks and find lots of birds on your Merlin app.

Prayers to you and your husband.

Bill said...

Wonderful captures of the beautiful birds. Hope you have a nice weekend.

The Florida Furkids said...

Great birdies. Your flowers are gorgeous!

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a lot of pretty little birds...and oh your flowers are wonderful!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That sure is a nice bunch of beautiful birdies! Prayers to your hubby from all of us.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I pray that everything goes well with the appts and he gets on the list for a kidney transplant. He's been through a lot but I know you and your family are such a support and inspiration. He always has the happiest look on his face when he's with the little ones. Love your 'critters' today! Happy Saturday! Hugs, Diane

RedPat said...

Fingers crossed for your husband to get on the list, Eileen. I wish you both well.
Thanks for hosting us!

Taken For Granted said...

What a wonderful collection of birds. We also get most of them, but with some differences. We see the Black Capped Chickadee, not the Carolina Chickadee, and our Vireo is a different species.

Violetta said...

You are a real bird lover dear Eileen. So many birds again and a wonderful picture with the flowers. This fire road is a favourite path of yours. Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Saturday, Eileen! You see and hear so many wpnderful birds! Your flowers are beautiful! The deer have eaten so much of my gardens this summer as they are very thirsty and looking for anything moist. They empty my bird bath a few times a day! It;s been a hot dry summer and we are all looking forward to fall!

Debbie said...

i am so happy to be here!! that app is great, you sure are seeing a great variety of birds...your images of each are really superb. i had an oriole visit me once, he stayed the entire winter, it was indeed a thrill!! i hope you gave the best weekend and many thanks for hosting!!

ellen b. said...

Your deck flowers are so lovely. A wonderful variety of sweet little birds! Happy end of August to you!

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Eileen,
Very nice post with all these wonderful birds.
So special to see all of them. Wonderful.

Many greetings,
Marco

Tanza Erlambang said...

love to see woodpeckers......cute birds

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Eileen
Thank you for sharing your lovely sightings and also the colourful flowers on your deck.

Sorry to read about your busy week with hubby's appointments and tests, but I do hope he will be put on the waiting list for a kidney transplant.
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

All the best Jan

HappyK said...

Fantastic pictures of the bird!! Your deck flowers are beautiful.

pilch92 said...

Beautiful blooms and birds. XO

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Eileen I hope a kidney can be found quickly for the transplant for your husband. Love all the bird and flowers. Thanks for hosting and commenting. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

diane b said...

Sorry to hear of hubby's kidney issues. Hope all goes well. I love all the birds that you see in your yard and I enjoy your walk with the lovely puppy.

DeniseinVA said...

Marvelous post Eileen, lovely sightings and always interested in your Merlin images. Your deck is lovely with all that color out there. Happy rest of the weekend to you, and have a great week ahead.

Linda said...

The oriole is stunning, and so are your flowers.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Jeanie, for your link and your comment.
The birds are good at hiding behind the leaves, I am happy to be able to hear them on my walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
I do love using the Merlin App while on my walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
Yes, we do need some good doctors for my hubby, one of the heart test came back very bad.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Rainfield, for your comment and your visit.
I love those trees!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
I agree, the Chickadees and the Nuthatches are cute birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Jean, for your comment and your visit.
I appreciate you visiting, I hope you are doing well.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Marit, for your link and your comment.
I do end up hearing more birds than I actually see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Soma, for your link and your comment.
I appreciate the kind words.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
I wish we would get more rain here, we have to keep watering our plants.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
It is not fun having these test, especially when they lead to even more test and possibly surgery now.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you William, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you YAM, for your link and your comment.
I appreciate your participation and critter post this week.
The Oriole is a gorgeous bird.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your link and your comment.
Hubby and I appreciate the prayers.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Caroline, for your link and your comment.
We enjoy are nature walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thanks again Nick!

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
I love the lantana plant , the hummingbirds and butterflies love it too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Your prayers are appreciated, these test have showed Hubby may need heart surgery soon.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Yogi, for your link and your comment.
I try to take walks every day!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Bill, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Barb, for your link and your comment.
The flowers are a cheery sight to see .
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your link and your comment.
Your prayers are appreciated.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
Hubby may need heart surgery soon, he will not be approved for the transplant list unless he gets clearance from the cardiologist.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your link and your comment.
We can see the Black-capped Chickadee show up here too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Violetta, for your link and your comment.
I do enjoy my walks on the fire road.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Pat, for your comment and your visit.
I think Miney spooks the deer away from our yard.
I wish you a happy Fall!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Debbie, for your link and your comment.
I am very happy to see you here too, I am so glad you are feeling better. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Tanza, for your comment and your visit.
I love all the birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Jan, for your prayers and your comment.
It appears now, my hubby will need heart surgery before he can be approved for the transplant list.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
Hubby will need to be approved for the list, some of his tests are showing he needs other things done first.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Diane, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Denise, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
The Orioles are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

EricaSta said...

Reading your answer... yes , I pray for your hubby! I believe in this.

Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for hosting the mosaic party. I do appreciate the prayers for hubby.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Amazing post. We loved today's walking tour- all the wildlife, flowers, everything. It was totally epic!!! Thank mew for inviting us along! Happy Sunday 😻🐾✨🐾😻

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Eastside Cats said...

Love your report on the birds you hear and see while out and about.
We've had flocks of starlings come through, which drive our cats NUTSO as the waves of birds fly in to peck in the yard or perch on branches, then the whole lot flies off again.

eileeninmd said...

Thanks so much for your visit and comment.
The Starlings travel is huge flocks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Laura. M said...

Tu jardín se ve precioso. Muy amenizado entre cantos y flores.
Buena semana Eileen.
Un abrazo.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Laura, for your visit and comment.
I do love flowers all colors, a joy to see.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Mary Kirkland said...

I love that you get to see so many different birds.

Michelle said...

MIney is looking well and so are your flowers. I plan on growing more lantana next year.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

They are all so cute!

Stara vrtlarica said...

Beautiful birds and wonderful flowers in your yard. Kind regards, Jasna, old gardener

Rumpelkammer said...


How wonderful to see all those beautiful birds in the garden... I only have blackbirds, sparrows, and a robin...Your flowers are magnificent... I wish your husband all the best.

Sharon Wagner said...

Our backyard is full of birds right now. It's almost comical sometimes.

Hena Tayeb said...

So many great birds!

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Michelle, for your comment and your visit.
The lantana is one of my favorite plants.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I love love my birds and the flowers.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Sharon, for your comment and your link.
The birds are a joy to watch.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Your deck flowers are gorgeous, and I need flowers, even in pots because we only have very few. I hesitate to buy them because I let my pothos die from lack of care and all it needed was water once a week and no direct sun, I forgot to tend it and now its gone

eileeninmd said...

Thanks Sandra, for your comment and visit.
Between me and my hubby we are keeping the plants watered, I wish we would get more rain. It's been so hot and humid, the plants dry up very fast. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

handmade by amalia said...

How nice to see so many nice and friendly birds.
Amalia
xo

Veronica Lee said...

I always enjoy your Saturday Critters posts, Eileen.
The birds and flowers bring so much light!
Hoping your husband’s kidney transplant path goes smoothly and that you both find moments of peace in nature.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Amalia, for your visit and comment.
Take care, enjoy your day!

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Veronica,
I appreciate your visit and comment. We do enjoy all things nature. Take care, have a happy day!

Teresa said...

Querida amiga, gracias por tan preciosos pájaros y flores. Te dejo un abrazo fuerte.

eileeninmd said...

Thank you Teresa, I appreciate your visit and comment. Take care, have a great day and a wonderful week!

Happy Monday!

   Wishing everyone a great day and a happy new week! "Life is a balance between holding on and letting go." Turks and Caicos reso...