Monday, July 13, 2009

Birding with Eileen in the Caribbean

This is my first attempt at blogging. This blog is mostly about the places I go and the birds I see and love. I love to travel and visit new places. I love going on vacations. My family and I just got back from a 9 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Our cruise stopped at these four ports...San Juan, St Thomas, Samana and Labadee. St Thomas was my favorite port. I would like to go back and spend more time visiting St Thomas. There are so many places I would love to travel to but there just does not seem to be enough time. My DH likes to snorkel and DS just likes to cruise and I just like enjoying nature. So DH and DS were enjoying themselves snorkeling while I sat on the beach watching the beautiful water, birds and the lizards that were surrounding me.




















 I did pick up five lifers during my vacation cruise. They were the very cool looking Brown Booby, Gray Kingbird, Scaly Naped Pigeon, White winged Dove and a Pearly eyed Thrasher. Another possible lifer not confirmed as of yet is a Shearwater. Now I am home wishing my vacation was not over and that I really do not have to return to work tomorrow. YUCK!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I always appreciate your comments.

BTW, Anonymous comments unless a name is included will not be published. Also, comments with links will be deleted.

Have a happy day, Eileen

Happy Monday!

Wishing everyone a great day and a ha ppy new week! "Sometimes miracles are just good people with kind hearts." Rick's Cafe, N...