Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
My birding outings slow down in the winter months, I am a wimp when it comes to the cold weather. I am sharing some birds from my back yard, from our neighborhood and some birds from our Maryland State Parks.
Click on photos for best viewing!
1. A neighborhood walk, we always enjoy walking our local fire road trails. This trail to the Prettyboy Reservoir has been one of my favorites. On this day we saw a juvenile Bald Eagle sitting on a downed tree on the lake, the Canada Geese are here year round.
2. When the back yard birds are not eating the peanuts I put out, they are finding some berries to eat. They kind of get lost in the vines where the berries are growing. Below are the Downy Woodpecker, White-throated Sparrow, Carolina Chickadee, Northern Flicker and a squirrel. Can you find the birds?
3. North Point State Park, located in Baltimore County, Maryland. Here we can see birds in the forest, male and female Bufflehead ducks, various ducks out on the Chesapeake Bay, we saw a group of Tundra Swans and a couple of Belted Kingfishers. I missed the Snow Buntings that were being seen at the end of the fishing pier.
4. We were watching two Belted Kingfishers, chasing each other along the shore.
5. I saw a few Song Sparrows on the fishing pier, I was hoping to see the Snow Buntings in this spot. But, they must have moved on.
6. Back in my yard, a Northern Mockingbird posing on a old dead tree that we left for the woodpeckers.
Dec 30th, coming back from our walk to the lake I found two Golden-crowned Kinglets bouncing around the trees in our front yard.
These images are all from December, I am slowing catching up sharing outings and photos.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.