Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
A break from my Ireland trip and photos. More of Ireland will be shared again soon. Today I am sharing some photos from our walk on the C&O Canal trail in Potomac Md and at the Great Falls Nat'l Park.
1. In the mosaic below are the Prothonotary Warbler, Green Heron, Black-crowned Night Heron, Eastern Bluebird, wildflowers, turtles, Great Blue Heron, Double-crested Cormorants, Mallards and Blue-winged Teal.
2. The Prothonotary Warbler, is about 5 1.2 inches, he was singing loudly and heard way before I was able to find him in the tree top. This bird nest in trees and there are nest boxes set up along the canal trail.
4. The Green Heron is seen every year in about the same spot close to the Riley's Lock parking area.
5. The Green Heron, one of my favorites. The breeding adult has a rust colored neck, a dark cap and a green back.
6. The Slider Turtles are enjoying the sunshine, resting on the rocks.
7. The Black-crowned Night Heron was seen on the canal side of the C&O canal trail.
8. The Great-Blue Herons have a rookery in the trees that line the Potomac River.
9. The Double-crested Cormorants nest along the river, a group of Cormorants is called a "gulp".
10. We saw at least 4-5 Blue-winged teal on the river.
11. A view from the Great Falls overlook.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.