Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
I have some more photos from our late February getaway to Maryland's Eastern shore. On the way home from Ocean City, Md we stopped at Blackwater NWR for a ride on their wildlife drive. These photos were all taken from our car.
1. As soon as we entered the wildlife drive we saw the Canada Geese and Tundra Swans were sharing these wetlands.
Click on photos for larger viewing.
2. Below are the Canada Geese in front but just past the geese is a group of Ring-necked Ducks. You can see the ducks better if you click on photo for a larger view.
3. The Mallard Ducks seem to be a common sight on these wetlands.
4. I was amazed at how many Tundra Swans were seen on this day, they migrate north for the spring/summer season.
5. More Tundra Swans mixed in with the Canada Geese.
6. A pretty male Northern Shoveler.
7. The Great Blue Herons can always be seen at the wildlife refuge. They may have a rookery nearby.
8. Another view of more Tundra Swans.
9. There may be a controlled burn in the distance but there are even more Tundra Swans on the river and nearby wetlands.
We saw a few eagles, the trail in the forest is closed while the Bald Eagles are nesting. I hope you enjoyed our visit to Blackwater Wildlife Refuge located in Cambridge Maryland.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
Also visit: I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the host Anni.