Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
On Sept 19-21 hubby and I visited Chincoteague Island, the National Wildlife Refuge and National Seashore in Virginia. I love seeing the wild ponies. It is a great place to see migrating birds, shorebirds and waders, geese and ducks.
Click on photos for larger viewing.
1. These are images from our first day Sept 19th.
On the top row are the Laughing Gull, Chincoteague wild ponies.
Second row: juvenile Little Blue Herons, Snowy Egret with Great Egret, Cattle Egret, adult Little Blue Heron.
Bottom row: Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Bald Eagle, sunset and full moon rising.
2. The Cattle Egret showing it breeding colors on it's crown and back.
3. The Chincoteague ponies, some egrets were seen on the ground and on the backs of the ponies.
4. Adult Little Blue Heron with a few first year Little Blue Herons are actually white in color showing a two toned bill.
5. I am guessing at these 3 birds, 2 were larger in size which I believe are the Greater Yellowlegs and the smaller bird in front is the Lesser Yellowlegs.
6. The Great Egret is obvious with it's long yellow bill and dark legs and feet.
8. A pair of Bald Eagles perched high in the trees.
9. A closer look at one of the Bald Eagles.
I hope you enjoyed this post, my photos and our visit to Chincoteague Island NWR.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.