Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I have lots more photos from our getaway trip to Chincoteague Island Virginia. The Chincoteague Island NWR and National Seashore are favorite places for us to visit. These images are from our 2nd day of our 3 day trip. There were lots of ponies and birds to see, the sunrises and the sunsets.
1. Atlantic Ocean sunrise on the beach with the Sanderlings, Tricolored Heron, rabbit, Brown Pelicans with Gulls, juvenile Little Blue Herons with Tricolored Heron and Yellowlegs, Black Skimmer with Terns and Gulls, American Oystercatchers and a Green Heron.
BTW, if I am wrong with any of my bird id's I do not mind being corrected. Please let me know.
2. A mix of juvenile Little Blue herons, one Tricolored Heron, guessing at the Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs and one Great Egret.
3. Double-crested Cormorant, Black Skimmers and I am guessing the larger Terns could be the Royal Tern at 20 inches. The Royal Tern at 20 inches looks bigger than the 18in Black Skimmer standing nearby.
4. Chincoteague ponies, some of the egrets had a pony ride.
5. Ponies, Egrets and on the far right is a Tricolored Heron flying by.
6. Two American Oystercatcher with a Gull.
7. White Ibis, juvenile White Ibis and a Snowy Egret mixed in. I had to zoom in for a close look at all those pink legs.
8. Chincoteague National Seashore beach, a mixed of White Ibis with various Egrets and herons, two deer standing near the wildlife drive and a sunset at Tom's Cove.
9. Various White Ibis, Snowy Egret and why does the larger white bird have a dark colored bill? Is it a young Great Egret without the yellow bill?
10. Numerous White Ibis and various Snowy and Great Egrets.
11. The end of day 2, sunset at Tom's Cove Chincoteague Island NWR.
If you are ever in the area, I highly suggest visiting the Chincoteague Island National Wildlife refuge. I hope you enjoyed my post and photos. I am looking forward to seeing your critter post.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.