Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am sharing photos from recent walks to our lake, round trip just a little over a mile. I was going to make it a brisk walk back and forth from home but I started hearing and seeing birds close by. We stayed a bit longer and I was able to capture a few of the birds staying still for my photos.
Slow down to appreciate the beauty of life.
1. Below are a couple of Eastern Phoebes, Eastern Bluebirds, White-throated Sparrow, Winter Wren, Downy Woodpecker, Canada Geese and a view across the reservoir.
2. A Winter Wren is almost blending in with the leaves, it landed right behind us for me to capture this photo.
3. I was taking a shot of the reflections of the trees, when I noticed a few birds flying back and forth low over this cove area.
4. Some of the birds flying around were the White-throated Sparrows. I recognize their song before I was able to zoom in on one of the sparrows.
5. There were a few Eastern Phoebes hanging out around the lake shore and cove area.
6. I also saw a few Eastern Bluebirds hanging around, this shot has a lot of tree twigs in the way.
7. This shot of the Eastern Bluebird is clear of branches and he posed for a photo.
8. A view looking across the lake, most of the trees have lost their leaves.
Other birds heard but not appearing in photos, are the Pileated Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Northern Flicker, Cardinals, Chickadees, Kinglets, a distant Belted Kingfisher, Crows, Starlings and Grackles.
11. Dec 6th we took another walk to our local lake. From the fire road I could hear the sounds of a Bald Eagle. I got a shot of one Eagle but the second eagle had too many tree branches in the way for a clear photo. The 2 Bald Eagles were sitting in a tree next to the lake, not far away was the Belted Kingfisher.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects the wildlife. Thank you for sharing your critters and linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!