Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am sharing a mish mash of photos from walks in my neighborhood, on the fire road to the lake and from our last visit to Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park.
1. Our wildlife sightings for our day at Shenandoah, was one deer at the entrance station and one deer seen below walking across the Skyline Drive.
2. Some scenes from Shenandoah and the Skyline Drive, the Limberlost Trail.
3. Below seen at the Big Meadows, Shenandoah the Northern Harrier. They have a white rump patch which is noticeable in the photos below.
4. At the Big Meadows we watched a Northern Harrier hunting. The Harriers are known to be expert mousers.
5. Below images are from our fire road walk to our local lake, the Canada Geese and two Pied-billed Grebes.
6. Looking across the lake, we noticed a larger group of Canada Geese.
7. A group fo Canada Geese were hanging out along the lake shore.
8. I noticed on the far side of the lake was this wake from this Pied-billed Grebe. This bird was too far for a god photo, the Pied-billed Grebe has a short black banded bill, they are a warm brown color with dark eyes.
Take time to appreciate the beauty around you, the more beauty you will see!
Here is my linky:
Thank you for taking the time to share your critters and post!
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni shares beautiful birds on her blog, check it out!