Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am sharing some photos from April 13th and our walk on the nearby NCR Bike trail.
1. April 13th some of the nature scenes included a few birds, White-tailed Deer and lots of flowers.
2. We saw 3 White-tailed Deer running across the bike trail. I could only capture the last one running off. Can you find the deer? A blink of the eye he was gone into the woods.
3. I am not sure of this Hawk, possibly a Cooper's Hawk or Sharp-shinned Hawk. It flew across the river and landed on the ground. I am sure something was under this hawk's feet.
4.The Eastern Phoebe has been seen near the river and bike trail often during our walks.
5. April 15th our walk to the lake with the grand-dogs. Nothing new seen on this day the usual Canada Geese and some Double-crested Cormorants.
6. April 16th on our deck railing the White-throated Sparrow was eating some peanuts.
7. April 16th, our walk to the lake with the dogs, again we saw more Double-crested Cormorants hanging out.
8. April 17th, hubby and I hiked at the nearby Hemlock Gorge area, I heard the Lousiana Waterthrush calling but it would not pose for a photo. I did capture 2 Canada Geese with a Mallard.
9. April 20th, our walk to the lake with dogs, we saw more DC Cormorants, a first time seeing 3 Terns flying over our lake and a Slider Turtle was out sunning on the rocks.
10. One of the 3 Terns I saw flying around our lake, they seem out of place here. I usually see Terns along the coast. I am guessing with the large colorful beak it is a Caspian Tern?
I am seeing more of our breeders moving back into our area. I have been out for walk on most days, looking for new birds and photos.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!