Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
A little behind here sharing my images and outings. On April 10-12th, hubby and I enjoyed a getaway which included visits to Blackwater NWR, Assateague Island Nat'l Seashore and Ocean City Md, Delaware's Indian River Inlet and Bombay Hook NWR. These images are from our first day.
1. These are some sightings from our ride on Blackwater NWR wildlife drive. Photos were taken from our car windows. Great Egret, Willet, King Rail, Osprey, Bald Eagles, Slider Turtles, Blackwater wetland and river, Great Blue Heron.
Click on photos for larger viewing.
2. The Ospreys have returned and there are a few nests just off the wildlife drive. We had great views of the Ospreys on their nest.
3. The Great Blue Herons are a common wader seen in Maryland.
4. The highlight of our Blackwater NWR visit was seeing this King Rail right next to the road. It was out in the open for quite a while, we parked the car and watched the King Rail foraging for food.
5. We saw the King Rail at all angles, showing off it's pretty and colorful feathers. The King Rail is a large chicken like bird. It has reddish wings and breast, black and white stripe plump belly and a short tail.
6. At the Ocean City, Maryland inlet we saw the Common Loons, lots of Laughing Gulls and Ring-billed Gulls and a pretty sunset.
7. Common Loons can be seen at Ocean City's inlet often. You can see this Loon has the black and white spotted back, the summer colors.
8. At the back of the hotel we could still see some pretty colors from the sunset on the bay side.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.