Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am sorry I will be late visiting, I will be away from my computer. As always thank you for participating with Saturday's Critters. I hope you can visit some of the other links and I will be visiting and commenting as soon as possible.
At the time I prepared this post, we had been enjoying some nice warm Spring weather days, perfect for our early morning walks and to do some birding. On this day we went to a local park called Hashawha Nature Center. We had some nice sightings of the Eastern Bluebird, Eastern Towhee, Goldfinches and Tree Swallows. I heard a lot more birds than I was able to take their photos. The wildflowers were looking beautiful.
1. Wildflowers blooming at Hashawha, the Bluebells, Helleborus, possibly Bloodroot or I'll say a couple of unknown flowers. The Mourning Cloak Butterfly, turtle and possible Eastern Spring Beauties. Eastern Bluebird, Eastern Towhee and an American Goldfinch.
"Spring: the music of open windows."
Click on photos for larger viewing.
2. This pretty Helleborus or also known as the Lenten Rose had a lot of blooms.
3. The Mourning Cloak Butterfly landed on the boardwalk near the lake.
"Every day holds more magic."
4. One of the many turtles we saw at the Hashawha Lake.
5. The American Goldfinches were perched high in the tree tops. This looks like a female Goldfinch.
11. April 8th: my yard birds were the Blue Jay, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Carolina Wren, White-throated Sparrow, Northern Cardinal, Brown-headed Cowbird.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.