Saturday, October 19, 2024

Saturday's Critters # 566

Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


A sad message and remembrance, I know a few bloggers remember Ken and his blog, he lived in Florida for awhile and posted about his walks there and on the birds that visited his back yard. He eventually moved to Connecticut to live with his daughter since he was so sick. Prayers and condolences to his family, Ken will be missed.

Ken - Rosyfinch Ramblings:  https://mulryanfh.com/tribute/details/2253/Kenneth-Schneider-MD-MPH/obituary.html


1. These images are from Sept 1st, I saw around 4-5 Baltimore Orioles enjoying the Devil's Walking stick berries. The Peacock was sitting on the deck rail and the Pileated Woodpecker was on a tree outside the bedroom window. 




The male Baltimore Oriole, a few males and one female. The Baltimore Oriole is Maryland's state bird. I was happy to see these birds in my yard eating the berries.  




2. Sept 3rd, we stopped at the Susquehanna River State Park picnic area, at the pond area we saw a few slider turtles with a Green Heron. 



3. A closer look at one of the turtles and the Green Heron. 



4. Great Blue Heron at the Susquehanna River., 






5. Double-crested Cormorant sitting on a rock in the Susquehanna River.






6. Looking outside my dining room window, I saw the silhouette of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird enjoying the fuchsia flowers.






7. Sept 4th, below are the Cape May Warblers. The second photo is the more colorful male Cape May Warbler. 





Male Cape May Warbler, almost hidden by all the Devil's Walking Stick berries. 





8. Backyard bunny!




9. Sept 4th NCR bike trail, I believe this is a family of Eastern Phoebes. 







10. Sept 6th , backyard birds are the  Ruby-throated Hummingbird and Robins. The American Robins were enjoying the berries on the Devil's Walking Stick tree/bush. 








Later the same day we took our walk on the NCR trail, I noticed some American Goldfinches eating seeds off a plant nearby and the Belted Kingfisher was perched on a branch over the water. 





I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday  I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.






Here is my linky:




Thank you for sharing your critters and post!

No comments:

Saturday's Critters # 566

Welcome to Saturday's Critters!  Hello and Happy Saturday !  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about t...