TOP TEN BIRDS... from 2009 most wanted to see in 2010 first post on my TOP TEN
1. Snowy Owl.. seen @ Assateague...added Snow Bunting... a link to my Snowy Owl
2. Whip-poor-will.........Seen at Magee Marsh, Ohio
3. Blackburian Warbler...a male.....Seen at Magee Marsh , Ohio my Blackburian Warbler
4. Green Jay....maybe a Texas trip
5. Snipe...Seen in the Paper Mills flats here in Maryland my Wilson's Snipe
6. Horned Lark...seen Freeland, MD added the....American Woodcock... seen at Magee Marsh, Ohio
7. Yellow Breasted Chat...seen on a Bird Club outing my Yellow-breasted Chat
8. Bittern... any......American Bittern seen with the bird club in Huntley Meadows, Virginia
9. Chestnut-backed Chickadee.. seen on our Oregon vacation July , 2012
10. Whooping Crane.....seen Aug 4, 2012 at the Patuxent Whooping Crane research center
I saw lots of Chestnut-backed Chickadees during our trip to Oregon, July 2012.
The Snow Bunting is one of my favorite top ten birds and I was so happy to see it here in Maryland
at Fort McHenry.
2011....Top Ten Birds..Most want to see in 2012
1. Barn Owl..in the wild
2. Atlantic Puffin...saw the Tufted Puffin In Oregon, July 2012 still need the Atlantic Puffin
3. Evening Grosbeak....male..I have seen the female Evening Grosbeak here in my yard Nov, 2012
4. Black Rosy-Finch
6. Pine Grosbeak....male
7. Western Tanager....male...male seen during our July 2012 vacation to Oregon
8. Green Tailed Towhee
10. Townsend’s Warbler..seen on a backyard feeder in Carlisle Pa, Feb 2012
I was thrilled to see the Tufted Puffin, the male Western Tanager and the Townsend's Warbler even though the sighting was only for a short time and I was not able to take their photos.
On the list above I need to go on a vacation to Texas and Arizona? I could knock off a few of these birds with one trip.
2012 Top Ten Birds... most want to see in 2013
1. Barn Owl ..in the wild
2. Atlantic Puffin
3. Blue-winged Warbler
4. Golden-winged Warbler
5. Saw-Whet Owl
6. Burrowing Owl
8. Black Tern
9. Common Redpoll
10. Pine Grosbeak
Since we are having this irruptive year, I might be able to see the Common Redpoll or even a Pine Grosbeak in Maryland or neighboring states. The Burrowing Owl and Limpkin are possible to see during a planned Florida trip in March or April. The two warblers will have to wait until spring. I am hoping to add many more lifers to my list in 2013. Happy Birding.
To see more beautiful photos and cute critters please visit: and Camera Critters and I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the gracious host Fiona of Green Day, Misty Dawn of Camera Critters and to Anni of I'd Rather-B-birdin. Thanks for visiting my blog and post. I wish everyone a very safe and happy weekend.