Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
Spring forward, YAY. Tonight, I will be happy to change my clocks an hour ahead for more daylight. I am sharing some birds hubby and I saw during a recent visit to Maryland's Eastern shore. We drove the wildlife drive at Bombay Hook NWR along the way. We are still keeping our safe distance due to COVID, we felt safe not having to get out of our car. So these photos are all taken from my car on the wildlife drive.
1. On the road that leads to the wildlife drive entrance, we noticed what must have been thousands of Snow Geese.
2. The Snow Geese were far back on the field, I tried zooming in for a closer look.
3. I usually try to check out the fields along side the road leading into the wildlife refuge. Various birds have been seen in the past, this day we saw what I am guessing is a female Horned Lark.
4. At the beginning of the wildlife drive we noticed two Bald Eagles. It looks one was having a conversation with the other eagle.
5. Further along the wildlife drive we saw the Northern Harrier, Yellow-rumped Warbler and a few Eastern Bluebirds.
6. The Great Blue Herons were seen all along the drive, a Snow Goose hidden in the grasses, a second Great Blue Heron seen close to a Belted Kingfisher.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
Also visit: I'd-Rather-B-Birdin. Thanks to the host Anni.