Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
Hubby and I visited the York Pennsylvania rookery on May 14th. There are Black Crowned Night Herons and Great Egrets nesting in the trees around a little lake in the middle of the city. It seems this year the number of nests are dwindling. It seems like the rookery is smaller each year.
1. Black-crowned Night Heron, looks like it is taking a nap.
2. Below are a couple of Black-crowned Night Herons, I assume the female is sitting on a nest and is somewhat hidden behind the leaves.
3. Below is a Great Egret and you can see 2 baby egrets fuzzy heads sticking up out of the nest.
4. The Great Egrets were plentiful, various trees had 3-4 Egret nests.
5. Great Egret was breaking off branches to take back to the nest.
6. I counted at least 6 Great Egrets in the photo below. One is kind of hidden behind a branch.
7. A Great Egret looking for food , not far away were a couple of Canada Geese.
8. Incoming, a Great Egret flying back to the nest..
I have posted about this York Pa Egret and Heron rookery here. Our first visit I posted about was back in 2012.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.