Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
Lately I only have my hummingbirds feeders up, so I am not sharing many photos of birds at feeders. Recently I've been seeing and hearing a Gray Catbird banging on our front windows. It has been hanging around the front Rhododendrons, there must be plenty of bugs for the birds to eat. We also have blueberry bushes that all the wildlife seem to enjoy eating.
1. Gray Catbird seeing it's reflection in our windows.
2. The Gray Catbird posed for me, I was standing inside at my window.
3. The Gray Catbird is in the Thrush family. It is slaty gray with a dark crown and has a rusty undertail.
4. Another shot of the Gray Catbird. One evening the Catbird was making a lot of noises, I looked out my bedroom window and a Screech Owl was sitting in the rhododendron, the Catbird and a Cardinal were fussing until the Owl flew away. I wondered if it was the same Screech Owl I have seen previously in our yard.
5. The American Goldfinch, one day I saw them picking at the clematis that were done blooming. The male Goldfinch looks bright and beautiful in the breeding and summer season.
7. I've been seeing deer in our yard and on the neighbor's driveway just about every day.
I have been hearing more birds from my yard than I am actually seeing, I am wondering what the birds think about all the cicadas we have flying about. From my yard, I can hear the Eastern Wood PeWee, Eastern Phoebe, Wood Thrush, Ovenbird, Scarlet Tanager, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher, Northern Parula, Pine Warbler, Northern Cardinals, Chickadee, Yellow-billed Cuckoo and the Tufted Titmouse.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.