Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
We have been sticking close to home lately, more walks on the local fire roads and to the lake. Some images are from my backyard, birds and blooms.
1. The Hummingbird loves our potted Hibiscus and the Upright Fuchsia plants, the bees and butterflies love the zinnias and buddleia. All these plants keep putting out blooms, adding color to our back yard all summer into fall.
2. I've been watching the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds visiting my feeder and the various plants. This female seems to have taken over the duty of protecting her feeder and flowers. They have been chasing each other all around the yard.
3. The Eastern Tiger Swallowtails are a common sight on our Buddleia Butterfly bushes.
4. There are times I can see 10 of the Fritillary Butterflies on our bushes.
5. I was able to catch two of these Skippers on the butterfly bush.
6. Some birds and views of our Prettyboy Reservoir, Great Blue Heron, Carolina Wren, Belted Kingfisher, Canada Geese, possible Spotted Sandpiper and another Great Blue Heron.
7. I know this is a bad photo of a Sandpiper, I watched it fly in and land across the cove from us. It foraged in the mud on the lake shore. A branch goes across hiding the front of it's head, I am guessing it is a Spotted Sandpiper.
8. I've been seeing the Carolina Wren in the same spot on different days. A few times there were 2 Carolina Wrens, maybe a parent and juvenile?
10. More recently I have been seeing the fall warblers in my back yard, they seem to love the berries on the (Aralia spinosa) Devil's Walking Stick .
So this is my critter post for this week, I am looking forward to seeing your Saturday Critter post.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.