Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
1. May 2nd, hubby and I went birding and looking for wildflowers at the Susquehanna State Park. These images are from the picnic area and the pond. The Eastern Bluebirds were catching bugs in the grass, guessing at Rough-winged Swallows, Slider Turtles at the pond, Robins, Cardinal couple, Gray Catbird, Yellow Warbler and a Canada Geese family.
2. May 2, our timing was a little off for seeing more of the wildflowers along the Susquehanna River trail. We did see some of the Bluebells and the Trillium. Also seen at the Conowingo Dam area were the Ospreys, Bald Eagles, Double-crested Cormorants, Great Blue heron with Eagle, Yellow-rumped Warbler and a Spotted Sandpiper.
3. May 2nd at the Susquehanna River below the dam, we could see lots of the Bald Eagles and the Great Blue Herons have a rookery in this spot too.
4. May 2nd , Susquehanna River below the dam is a little island in the middle of the river. That is where the Great Blue Heron rookery is located.
5. May 3rd, our local walk to the lake with the dogs, hubby is ahead with me following along with Winnie the Corgi, unknown plant with flower, Canada Geese, Gray Catbird, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Solitary Sandpiper and Double-crested Cormorants on the lake.
Edit: thanks to both Sondra and Rose for the Mayapple plant id.
6. May 3rd, I saw a Black-throated Blue Warbler a few times near the lake.
7. May 3rd, I am guessing this is a Solitary Sandpiper, seen along the George's Creek.
8. May 4th, a walk with the dogs on the local fire road, we saw a few Pink Lady Slippers starting to bloom.
9. May 5th, George's Creek at Prettyboy Reservoir. We saw the White-eyed Vireo, Red-winged Blackbirds, Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher, various wildflowers, Slider Turtles, Yellow-rumped Warbler, view of the reservoir.
10. May 6th, a rainy day and I was able to catch some birds just outside my windows. The top two photos are the Veery , seen on the driveway. The Veery has returned to our forest, I love the sound they make. The bottom images are the Scarlet Tanager, it was seen in a pine tree in my back yard.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!