Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
On Sept 27th, with these photos I am taking you back to Kauai, we drove on the south side of the island, near the Barking Sands Beach
Click on photos for larger viewing.
1. We stopped at the Kawaiele Waterbird Sanctuary, below is a mosaic showing some of the waterbirds we saw at the Waterbird Sanctuary. We saw lots of the Hawiian Stilt, Hawaiian Coot, Black-crowned Night Heron, Zebra Dove, Sanderling, Ruddy Turnstone and the Common Ringed Plover.
2. The Hawaiian Stilt was one of my favorite Kauai Birds.
3. The Common Ringed Plover another common bird seen in Kauai Hawaii.
4. The Hawaiian Coot and in the background is the Black-crowned Night Heron.
5. The Pacific Golden Plover, I saw this birds in various spots around the island of Kauai.
6. The Sanderling is a bird I see on the beach at home, along the Atlantic Coast.
7. The Ruddy Turnstone is a bird I can see on our Atlantic Coast, especially in the winter months,
8. The Hawaiian Coot, similar to our American Coot.
9. A group of the Hawaiian Stilts.
10. The Kawaiele Waterbird Sanctuary, we walked on some of the trails, checking out closer views of the birds.
I hope you enjoyed these Kauai birds.
* Just a note, I am not sure how many of my blogging friends are fans of Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache books but I noticed Amazon Prime or Acorn will have a series called "A Three Pines" based on Penny's novels. It premieres on Dec 2nd. I already have her # 18 in the Gamache series on hold, it is called "A World of Curiosities" due out on Nov. 29th.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out! Also, I am also linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.