Saturday, September 28, 2024

Saturday's Critters # 563

 Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


Denali National Park limits private vehicles on the park road, visitors are only allowed to drive to mile 15 on the park road which is at the Savage River. They offer shuttle buses to the trail heads and you need reservations for the shuttle. We signed up the the Tundra Wilderness tour, so I could learn more about the park and enjoy the views of the park without worrying about driving. 

These photos were taken out the bus window, which at times were blurry due to the raindrops. Our driver told us to yell stop if we saw any wildlife, so we had lots of eyes looking for the critters.  Clicking on the image for larger views does help some. 


1. I had to book this tour back in December 2023, the tour dates fill up fast and you are given your tour time and told to be at the bus depot in the park.  The Tundra Wilderness Tour is a 5 hour tour with a certified driver-naturalist. The bus goes as far as mile 43 on the park road. The road closes at mile 43 due to a rock slide further on. 





2. Arctic Ground Squirrel was seen on the side of the road.  





3. We were able to see the Dall Sheep, the little white dots seen below lol. I had to zoom a good distance just to get this shot. The Dall Sheep live in high mountain areas. 





4. One lone Caribou sighted from the bus. 





5. Another Caribou sighting, this time 5-6 were running toward the road and in front of our tour bus. 





6. The Willow Ptarmigan were seen all along the park road. I'll have some better photos of this bird from another day and visit to the park. There are three Ptarmigans in the photo below. They are heavy bodied ground feeding birds. They are similar to the Grouse, the are brown in the summer time and turn white in the winter. They live in Denali year round. 





8. I like these windows in the bus depot, they show the Denali wildlife, the Dall Sheep, Golden Eagle, Moose, Wolves, Caribou and the Grizzly Bear. 




The next day August 3rd in Denali National Park, hubby and I drove the road to the Savage River and mile 15 of the Park Road. I will share the wildlife and birds we saw on this day on another post. 


I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday  I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.






Here is my linky:




Thank you for sharing your critters and post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I always appreciate your comments.

BTW, Anonymous comments unless a name is included will not be published. Also, comments with links will be deleted.

Have a happy day, Eileen

Saturday's Critters # 563

  Welcome to Saturday's Critters!  Hello and Happy Saturday!  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about ...