Saturday, September 21, 2024

Saturday's Critters # 562

 Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


Aug 1st was day two and we were on the road called Park Hwy considered a scenic byway to Denali and goes all the way to Fairbanks. Our drive from Anchorage to the Denali National Park was about 250 miles almost 5 hours with stops. This part of the trip was for 3 nights in Healy Alaska and to visit Denali National Park and Preserve.


One stop was at the Denali State Park to look at the views of the Denali Mountain. I like the map showed all the peak names of the mountains in the distance. 




1. A moose on the loose, I am glad I saw this guy come out of the forest and started crossing the road in front of us.  There were moose warning signs on every road we were on in Alaska.  





2. The Denali Visitor Center has a great exhibit and information on the park. 





3. Later during our visits to the park we got to see one huge bull moose in the park, it was seen during the day we drove the allowed distance you could drive your car in the park. 





4. We enjoyed walking a few of the trails near the visitor center, one trail took us to the creek under the railroad bridge. The Alaska Railroad brings in tourists from the cruise boats to the park for visits.






5. I love bears, this sculpture outside the visitor center is so cute. 





6. The Gray Jay was sitting on a bench outside the visitor center. This bird is a common bird seen in Alaska. 




7. A so called "easy" trail to the Horseshoe Lake in Denali National Park. There were so many steps, we did walk roundtrip close to 2 miles to the lake. I could hear birds along all the trails we hiked, they were camera shy. I could hear some Nuthatches and Chickadees. 



8. A view of the Horseshoe Lake, we cut the walk short and did not walk the loop around the lake. Which would end up 4 miles round trip. It was a long day and we were ready to eat dinner and check into our hotel.






I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday  I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.






Here is my linky:




Thank you for sharing your critters and post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I always appreciate your comments.

BTW, Anonymous comments unless a name is included will not be published. Also, comments with links will be deleted.

Have a happy day, Eileen

Saturday's Critters # 562

  Welcome to Saturday's Critters!  Hello and Happy Saturday!  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about ...