Saturday, September 5, 2026

Saturday's Critters # 664

 Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir


I am sharing a mish mash of photos, from our walks. 


Click on images for better viewing.



1. In our little neighborhood Prettyboy watershed is one of our favorite trails for walking. Hubby surprised me going 2 miles round trip on this walk, the trail goes even further up to 5 miles . The sun was not as bright due to the haze from smoke in our area. Birds were not singing much on this day, I did see a Gray Catbird on the trail in front of us. 







2. Below I watched a Tiger Swallowtail butterfly landing on our Lantana plant.  





On this day, Hubby, Miney and I took our walk on the NCR bike trail in Parkton.  I was surprised that the Bee Balm was still blooming. 





3. In my back yard, a female Cardinal was preening. The Black Swallowtail butterfly was seen on our Buddleia Butterfly bush. 









4. Another section of the NCR bike trail, a walk with Miney and Hubby too. 




A larger image of the Monarch Butterfly, I have not seen many of these this summer. 






5. In the yard and on my deck the butterflies and birds are enjoying our plants. 





The Ruby-throated Hummingbird sits close to the feeder, he will chase other birds away.






6. I am seeing 3 or more Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at my feeders. It seems like I am refilling the feeders more often now. I believe the babies/juveniles are now following the adults to the feeder. 









7. A Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly on the Buddleia bush. 







8. The American Goldfinches love the thistle sock, below are a male and female enjoying the seeds.






I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday   I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.




Check out  Catblogosphere.com





Here is my linky:






Thank you for sharing your critters and post! 

36 comments:

rupam sarma said...

Glad to read your post, Awesome pics, Bird looks beautiful, Awesome butterflies , Miney's walk always favourite. Thanks a lot for hosting. Greetings.

William Kendall said...

Miney loves her walks.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Splendid, delightful and stunning captures, Eileen. Thank you for sharing. ❤️ Have a wonder filled weekend.

EricaSta said...

Thank you for sharing and for hosting... it's very difficult to comment.
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

italiafinlandia said...

What an amount of wildlife you meet in your walks! You surely enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing. My favourite is the Black Swallowtail, which doesn't live in my corner of the world.
I wish you and your hubby a happy weekend and happy walks!

Irma said...

Hello Eileen,
This is a great series of photos and collages.
The monarch butterfly and the ruby-throated hummingbird are my favorites.
I wish you a very good weekend.
All the best, Irma

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

WOW, we adored todays walk with you, the flowers, the butterflies, everything is blooming marvellous!!! 😻🐾🍁🐾😻

Iris Flavia said...

Your neighborhood is really so beautiful, Eileen! And the sun could be mistaken for the moon.
And the butterflies and birds... no one like that around here in the city - OK I was one butterfly, maybe it was a moth, though.... - so, a joy to see yours :-)
Have a great Saturday!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your backyard looks like a paradise with all the colorful butterflies, goldfinches, and hungry hummingbirds.

Marit said...

Hello Eileen,
You have so many beautiful butterflies visiting you! The Monarch is incredibly beautiful, and it is my favorite today.
Take care, and enjoy your day and weekend!

Rostrose said...

Dear Eileen, as always, I enjoyed accompanying you and Miney on your walks. I'm so happy about your sightings of beautiful butterflies like the swallowtails and the monarchs—and about your hummingbirds in the backyard. All the best from Austria πŸ€— Traude

(PS: YAY, commenting is working again!)

Violetta said...

It´s working again....Such nice pics of these butterflies this week , and the birds as well. Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

Mae Travels said...

I saw a lot of butterflies on my most recent walk, but I’m totally uneducated about their identity. Nice post and thanks for hosting…
mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Eileen,
Nice post with wonderful pictures.
Nice butterflies and what a fantastic bird is that hummingbird. Nice to see.

Many greetings,
Marco

chica said...

Que lindo tudo por aqui,Eileen! Adoro ver a Miney ,as borboletas lindas, beijaa-flores! ADOREI! Γ“timo fim de semana, beijos, chica

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Loved the shots from your walk with Miney... but the garden shots are simply glorious! have a wonderful weekend. YAM xx

Jenn Jilks said...

Great critters you have. Ours are migrating! I am happy you share yours.

Angie's Recipes said...

I am so happy that blogger comment works again!! Love that humming bird!

Tom said...

...Eileen, I love your collection of butterflies and today is National Hummingbird Day and I wish a wonderful one.

Villrose said...

Some wonderful butterflies you captured. Happy weekend!
/Irene

Alexandra said...

That Monarch Butterfly is beautiful! Your post brings joy to people like me who don't get to see butterflies like that nor hummingbirds.

rainfield61 said...

Butterflies are charming.
I always love to watch them.
But not their baby caterpillars.
They are eerie and empty all the leaves within a few days.
Have a happy weekend.

The Florida Furkids said...

Beautiful butterflies and flowers!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a fun walk! I enjoyed seeing those beautiful butterflies and the always fun hummers!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Wonderful butterfly photos, Eileen! Thank you for hosting and have a great new week.

Jeanie said...

My only critter is Lizzie -- but she's a good critter! Loving your monarchs and Miney, of course!

an artist reflects said...

Love the hummingbirds ~ and Miney of course ~ Great photos and wonderful yard for the birds ~ Hugs ^_^

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Kudos to hubby for walking two miles! I love your butterflies and hummingbirds. We have hummingbirds visiting our flowers but we haven't put feeders out yet. I love the goldfinch. It is a rare sighting for me here in Tulsa but I am spotting them more, no photos yet, and they are showing up on Merlin now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

hummingbirds and butterflies...two of our favorite sightings. And your photos are just lovely. Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Thanks for the fun, Diane

RedPat said...

This was a lovely post, Eileen.

ellen b. said...

What wonderful collages this morning. The swallowtail one is especially stunning on your Lantana plant. Happy Labor Day weekend to you!

Taken For Granted said...

I always enjoy seeing your bird and butterfly photos. We don't have Black Swallowtail butterflies here, so they are great to see. I don't see as many Monarchs as I used to see.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such beautiful photos this week, Eileen! Between the butterflies and hummingbirds it is hard to choose a favorite. Summer will begin winding down soon--enjoy every moment of it!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your butterfly shots! So glad to see that Blogger's commenting feature is working again. Blessings!

Eastside Cats said...

Gorgeous pics of nature's critters!

Katie Isabella said...

Regarding the hummingbirds; it is getting time for them to migrate to Mexico and Central America. They "bulk up" during this "now" period. The males always leave first. The females remain, in my years of observation at my own feeders, several weeks later after the males leave. I have had one lone girl still at the feeder until early November once, but usually the girls leave late September.

Saturday's Critters # 664

  Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday !  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about ...