Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
Click on images for better viewing.
1. Aug 13th, butterflies and blooms from my back yard.
2. MY back yard, seeing lots of Swallowtail butterflies, Fritillary Butterflies and Goldfinches at my feeder.
Our walk on the NCR bike trail, someone made and attached these cute wood carvings on the fence, some flowers were still blooming.
3. I am not sure what the flowers are called, they are close to the entrance of the local fire road. Miney and I are out on our walk to the local fire road.
4. August 17th, we had some rain and lots of dew in the early mornings, does moisture help the mushrooms to grow?
5. I've been seeing lots of mushrooms while on my walks with Miney.
I think many birds have started migrating, my Merlin list last month had as many as 20 or more birds the list below has only 9 birds.
I always love hearing the Yellow-billed Cuckoo calling.
6. I am not sure what the name of these pretty wildflowers, anyone know?
7. Another walk with Miney, lots of ferns and mushroom seen off the fire road. A Wood Pewee was calling and seen sitting in a nearby tree.
8. The trail has been one of my favorites lately. I can take a quick 1 mile walk roundtrip from my house, Miney is able to enjoy all the scents on the fire road.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!














110 comments:
Love butterflies and those wood carvings are absolutely adorable. Happy Saturday, Eileen.
Beautiful butterflies 😻
Wish you a great weekend!
Such a great mix of butterflies and mushrooms this week!
Good morning, dear blogfriend Eileen, I'm late today... and now I enjoyed the different butterflies on your walk with Miney. Another walk in a beautiful nature.
Thank you very much for sharing and for hosting.
Greetings by Heidrun
Those butterflies and blooms are so pretty, and of course mushrooms. Love the wood carvings. You get see so much sweet flowers and wildlife during your walks with Miney and your hubby! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy.
-Soma
Sweet butterflies, oh, and I love the wood carvings!
Miney sure is some happy dog - have a great Saturday!
Hello Eileen,
A beautiful series of photos from your walks.
You don't hear any birds here at all anymore.
The photo on the right,the one you wanted to know the name of, shows chicory (*Cichorium*), I wouldn't venture to name the one on the left.
I wish you a wonderful weekend.
All the best, Irma
Hello Eileen,
Your photos are so lovely, and the butterflies you show are so beautiful. The wood carvings are really impressive. It’s always nice to see Miney!
Take care, and have a wonderful weekend!
Hari OM
As said above, the right of the two blue flowers is a Chicory - the one on the left is a form of Aster. What visual delights you bring us once again. The butterflies and wood carvings made me smile widely! And yes, moisture most definitely suit fungi... and of course, we are heading into peak fruiting season for them! Have a super one, YAM xx
Hello, Hope you are doing fine. Awesome series of pics.Beautiful Butterflies. Lovely birds. Miney 's walk tour loved it. Happy weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting.
Teu quintal é uma verdadeira festa da natureza e teus passeio nos encantam ver!
Lindo fim de semana, beijos, chica
Hi Eileen, nice serie photos of your walk end your beautiful dog. Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a nice weekend ! Take care. Greets
...Eileen, the flower on the left is stokesia and the the on the right is chicory. I love your butterflies, the few that we had seem to have gone south. Thanks for hosting,
I've heard cuckoos, but never seen any! Good work.
Those wood carvings are beautiful! Would there be any concern with someone taking them! I wonder how your colours are now in your little piece of paradise! Your August photos look so lush and green.
Such lovely butterflies in your back yard, and gorgeous flowers on your walks with Miney. Lucky you!
It's great to get out in nature on a regular basis and I love seeing all the birds, flowers, and other living things that you post about. Great photos. Love seeing Hubby out there with you sometimes as well.
We've noticed that it's a very mushroomy time of year, and the flowers open now seem extra special.
Beautiful butterflies. We have mushrooms growing too!
Nice shots from your yard and the trails. We have a bunch of mushrooms popping up right now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Lovely flowers and butterflies, and of course the bird life, Eileen. The dark blue unusually shaped flowers are dayflowers (Commelina species) and next to it on the right is a jewelweed (Impatiens capensis). Thansk for hosting and have a great new week.
Lovely series of photos ~ especially enjoy seeing Miney enjoying nature on your walks ~ mushrooms, butterflies and all ~ Lots of Hugs ^_^
I'm always thrilled to see blooms and butterflies. I offer a joyous murder of crows today!
Miney makes sure that you get lots of exercise, Eileen. I love all the butterflies that you have seen.
I've been seeing a lot of swallow tail butterflies lately too. I've seen pictures of red mushrooms, but have never seen one in person. Those yellow billed cuckoo's are so cute. Wish we had them in my part of the world too. Blessings!
The wood carvings are beautiful. There are so many talented people in this world. Love the Cuckoo and missed seeing it this year. But it's nicer now so I'm getting out more. Thanks for the fun! Hugs, Diane
Absolutely love the carvings; and your header scene today is one I would happily jump into. :)
He truly is a healing. Pleasure to be with you. Eileen in this beautiful space that you create and I also appreciate your personal touch and messages. Look at all the other people who feel the same. Good on you! Aloha too miney also
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
The wood carvings were cute!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Happy weekend to you!
Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Heidrun, for your link and your comment.
Nature is beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Soma, for your link and your comment.
I really liked those wood carvings too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
Miney is a happy dog.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
I appreciate the help with the flower id.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Marit, for your link and your comment.
The wood carvings are cute!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you YAM, for your link and your comment.
I appreciate the flower id help.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
I do enjoy my nature walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Caroline, for your link and your comment.
Miney is a cutie.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
Thank you also for the flower id help.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
I have heard the Cuckoos a lot this past summer.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Alexandra, for your link and your comment.
I hope no one takes the wood carvings, they are so pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Lisa, for your comment and your visit.
I was thrilled to see so many butterflies this summer.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Alan, for your link and your comment.
It is good to get hubby out walking.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I love looking at all the different mushrooms.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
The butterflies are a joy to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
I am lucky to be surrounded by nature.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
I appreciate the flower id too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
Miney and I enjoy our nature walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Barb, for your link and your comment.
I am thrilled to see the butterflies and flowers too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment.
Yes, I am getting lots more exercise since adopting Miney.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
The butterflies are a joy to see and I loved seeing and hearing the Cuckoo.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
I really liked those wood carvings. The Cuckoo is another one of my favorite birds.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Maria, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Cloudia, for your link and your comment.
I am so happy that so many people love nature and the animals. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
I love the wood carvings. Butterflies are so pretty. Miney is cute as always.
I really enjoyed walking along with you through these photos. I love posts like this — butterflies, mushrooms, birds, little things noticed along the way. And Miney clearly has the important job of checking all the scents. 😄
Dear Eileen, I absolutely love your posts and photos! You and Miney take such wonderful walks and the photos you share of these walks are absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing!
Hello Eileen
Many thanks for sharing your sightings.
Lovely to see the birds and butterflies.
I think Autumn is a time to see lots of mushrooms too.
I though the wood carvings looked very cute.
Enjoy your weekend and the week ahead.
All the best Jan
A lovely collection of critter photos.
Beautiful butterflies and cool mushrooms. XO
Butterflies are very hard to photograph. Great job.
Oh, so many mushrooms 🍄.
So familiar.
Did you find an old Caterpillar puffing Hookah smoke atop of one of them?
Have a great Sunday.
Eileen I is great that at least sometimes you husband is well enough to enjoy these walks with you and Miney. Love the butterflies and the carvings as well as the Cuckoo. Thanks for hosting and commenting. I hope you have a lovely week ahead
Love the butterflies! Miney has excellent adventures.
Hello Eileen - lovely to see your dog wanders along with the birds and butterflies! A score of nine on Merlin is still a great one, lots of birds I would love to have in my backyard, have a happy Sunday!
Wren x
The wood carvings were really cute! And the birds, flowers and butterflies ... such a wealth of beauty is almost overwhelming!
Hi Eileen, your header is very pretty. Those wood carvings are amazing to see. Have a wonderful Sunday and new week.
You have the nicest and best behaved butterflies. I've yet to find one who will sit still for a photo.
Amalia
xo
Wonderful 🦋🦋🦋 Thank you, dear blogfriend Eileen, for sharing at MosaicMonday and your nice comment too.
Greetings by Heidrun
Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
I do love seeing all the butterflies.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Aritha, for your link and your comment.
There is so much to see on our nature walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Miney looks forward to her walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jan, for your comment and your visit.
The woodcarvings are cute.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The butterflies are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Red, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Rainfield, for your comment and your visit.
No, the caterpillar was missing.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
Hubby does love the walks, except on the dialysis days. He is wiped out. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Miney does love her adventures.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Wren, for your link and your comment.
We are between seasons for the birds, the summer birds have left and the winter birds have not arrived.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The wood carvings are cute.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Bill, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Heidrun, for hosting the linky party.
Take care, have a wonderful week.
Walking with you on Friday is always a joy.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Amalia, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
I really enjoyed seeing all your beautiful photos. Love all the butterflies and not sure I've ever seen a red mushroom.
Hey Eileen,
What a nice pictures.
Collage Shot 3 is very nice with the figures made of wood.
Many greetings,
Marco
Thank you Judee, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Great photos. Lovely to see the butterflies especially. Your mystery flower looks like a cornflower, but I'm probably wrong as I'm on the other side of the world from you!
Thank you Juliet, for your comment and your visit.
The butterflies are a joy to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
I have butterflies today as well. Lovely images!
The butterflies, the flowers, the carvings, the birds, the walk, WOW - then the shrooms!!!! EPICALLY EPIC!!! WE ADORE GOING ON THESE ADVENTURES WITH MEW! Happy Monday Eileen! 🐾😻🦋🦅🐦🌻🍄😻🐾
Thank you Sharon, for your link and your comment.
I enjoyed your butterfly image.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
I am happy to see lots of nature on my walks.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Love all the wildlife photos and what a lovely surprise it must have been to see these splendid wood carvings. Thanks for this weeks Saturday Critters Eileen and have a wonderful week ahead.
Maravilla de foto y de puente Eileen. Me encanta.
Buena semana.
Un abrazo.
Thank you Denise, for your visit and comment.
The wood carvings are pretty, I would like to see more.
Take care, have a great day!
Thank you Laura, I appreciate your visit and comment.
Take care, have a great day!
Wishing you a blessed new week, sweet friend, thank you for being such a kind-hearted lady!
XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)
Que suerte tienes de tener tantas mariposas en tu jardín. Me encantó todo el paseo, veo que lo pasáis muy bien. Las flores azules son centaura y achicoria silvestre. Besos y feliz otoño.
Thank you Dany, for your comment and visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Teresa, for your comment and visit.
I appreciate the plant id. I did enjoy all butterflies.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
I really enjoyed seeing the mushrooms, ferns, and wildflowers from your walks, Eileen.
The butterflies and goldfinches in your yard are beautiful too.
Miney must be thrilled with all the scents on the fire road.
Veronica, Thank you so much for your comment and visit.
I was happy seeing lots of butterflies in my yard this summer. Happy Friday, have a great weekend.
Post a Comment