Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday's Critters #291 & 10th Blog Anniversary


Welcome to Saturday's Critters!

If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!

For my 10th blog anniversary I thought I would share some of my favorite birds & critters photos from previous post over the years.  I created mosaics so there will not be too long of a photo post. I have added many lifers to my list during the past 10 years and during my travels. 

Thank you to all my visitors, I have enjoyed visiting your blogs as much as I enjoy making my own post. 

I am trying to share these in date order, but all photos will be from 2009-2019.  Please click on images for larger viewing.  

I also included links back to each individual post or you can click on any of the various labels I have on my side bar.   



Photos from 2009-2014 Goldie Girl




Our first dogs are below are Sunshine a yellow lab, Daisy a Golden Retriever, Sierra a Golden Retriever daughter of Daisy and Maui a chocolate lab is a son of Sunshine.  In the middle top photo is all four of these dogs.  



Various photos and from 2009-2019 my Maryland back yard birds: 

In November 2012, I was lucky to see a few Evening Grosbeaks at my feeders, Cape May Warbler, Screech owl, Eastern Bluebird, Pine Warblers with a Downy Woodpecker, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Worm-eating Warbler, Northern Parula times 2, Great-crested Flycatcher, Indigo Bunting, Rose-breasted Groabeak, Nashville Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Bluebirds.


March 2010,  Costa Rica

Keel-billed Toucan, Collared Aracari, Crimson-fronted Parakeet,Montezuma Oropendola,  Blue-Gray Tanager, Amazon Kingfisher, Ringed Kingfisher, Great Potoo.  I have many more Costa Rica birds that are not included on the mosaic.  



Below the mosaic has various images and dates from trips to Washington State. We drove a loop around the Cascade Mountains, Stehekin WA in  Sept 2010 ,  we visited the Olympic Nat'l Park and Sequim in  October 2015 and in May 2017 we visited Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, Sequim, Olympic Nat'l park and Ocean Shores WA

American Dipper, American Pipit, Black Turnstone, Black Oystercatcher, Pigeon Guillemot, Western Grebe, Rhinoceros Auklet, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, California Quail, Spotted Towhee, Golden-crowned Sparrow, Oregon Junco, Gray Jay, Elk, Stellar's Jay, Anna's Hummingbird, Bald Eagle, Band-tailed Pigeon.



November 2011,  Panama

Green Kingfisher, Tropical Kingbird, White-whiskered Puffbird, Sloth, Capuchin Monkey, Grey-headed Chachalaca, Long-billed Hermit, White-necked Jacobin, Blue-crowned Manakin, Keel-billed Toucan, Brown Pelican, Magnificent Frigatebird, Blue-footed Booby




April 2012 Curacao & Oregon 2012

Caribbean Flamingo, Bananaquit, Bare-eyed Pigeon, parakeet, Crested Caracara, Curacao Yellow Warbler, Black-faced Grassquit, Saffron Finch, Rufous-collared Sparrow, Trupial Kacho Yellow Oriole, Trupial Oriole, Magnificent Frigatebird. 




October 2013 New Mexico & Texas

Gambel's Quail, Northern Harrier, Roadrunner, Lark Bunting, sheep, Cave Swallows, Say's Phoebe, Black Phoebe, Townsend's Solitaire, Sage Thrasher, Canyon Towhee, Rock Wren, Pyrrhuloxia, Less Goldfinch, Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Sandhill Cranes, Quail.





May 2014 Belize, I am sharing two mosaics with a lot of Belize birds, but they do not show all the birds we saw on that trip.

Olive-throated Parakeet, Collared Aracari, Social Flycatcher, Royal Flycatcher, Crimson-collared Tanager, Masked Tityra, Yellow-winged Tanager, White-collared Seedeater, Roadside Hawk, Violet Saberwing, Rufous-tailed Hummingbird, Vermilion Flycatcher, Yellow-faced Grassquit, Yellow-bellied Elaenia, Violaceous Trogon.





Ringed Kingfisher, Green Kingfisher, Wattled Jacana, Northern Jacana, Kingbird, Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher, Howler Monkey, Brown Jay, Black-cheeked Woodpecker, Yellow-tailed Oriole, Bare-throated Tiger Heron. 




September 2014 Colorado

Below are the Stellar's Jay, unknown duck, Common Mergenser, Junco and another Stellar's Jay



Western Bluebird, Pygmy Nuthatch, baby Barn Swallows, Pika, Grouse, Mountain Chickadee, Magpie, Elk, Lincoln's Sparrow and a baby Moose.



March 2015 Florida also may include images from our Florida trips in 2013, 2015, 2016-17 and 2019.




Feb & March 2016 we took road trips to Tennessee, Virginia and we lived in Florida from Oct 2016 thru March 2017. 

Tennessee Sandhill Cranes, Eastern Bluebird, Mockingbird, Yellow-rumped Warbler





2017 in May we traveled to Washington state,
 the  June 2017 Delaware Water Gap  

Below a Baltimore Oriole, Waterthrush, Cedar Waxwing, Gray Catbird, Wood Thrush.



and Sunset Beach Nov 2017 North Carolina

Bald Eagles on the beach, Brown Pelicans fly by, Semipalmated Plovers, Pelicans and Gulls, Black Skimmers and Gulls on Sunset Beach. 



May 2018 was a road trip to Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia 

Below various images from our road trip 2018, A Spotted Sandpiper, Song Sparrow, Mammoth Cave Cricket, Deer, Wild Turkeys, Tiger Swallowtail butterflies, Indigo Bunting, Great-crested Flycatcher, Yellow-billed Cuckoo. 




I can't not leave out my favorite park, we visited Shenandoah Nat'l Park many times over the last 10 years.  



I plan to keep on blogging and visiting all my favorite blogs. Thank you for all your past visits. 






Combining this post with the following memes for the week. Have a happy new week!


Thanks to Anni @ I'd Rather Be Birding

Thanks to Angie, the host of Mosaic Monday

Thanks to Lady Fi, the host of Our World Tuesday




I appreciate and thanks again to everyone who links up their post today and years past. Thank you for all the wonderful comments !









74 comments:

  1. Que linda coleção fizeste, com os posts bem organizados assim por data! Lindos todos e adorei os cachorros! beijos, tudo de bom,lindo fim de semana! chioca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on ten years of blogging, Eileen, and thank you for sharing your pictures and your experiences with us. It has been a pleasure to enjoy the ride with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartiest Congratulations on 10th Blog Anniversary .
    Keep Blogging. Keep sharing beautiful photos.
    Thanks a lot.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...congratulations!!! You sure have seem a lot of critters. Thanks for hosting and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had some great dogs! They're loyal companions. Fantastic gamut of birds and other animals! That's an impressive collection. Congratulations on ten years...a lot of bloggers have long since given it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muitos parabéns minha amiga pelos dez anos de blog, aproveito para desejar um bom fim-de-semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work, Eileen! That's fun doing the mosaics. Where does the time go?
    You've had some marvellous trips.
    Thank you for hosting. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on your 10th anniversary. The bird mosaics are great. Golden retrievers and Labradors are such beautiful dogs, I'm sure you must miss them a lot. Thanks for hosting Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Eileen; Wow, Congratulations on your 10th year of blogging anniversary; and Thank you very much for your contribution to us all through your blog and link♪ Your blog opened my eyes for the sweetness of the critters. My dragonfly lover husband said that he reminisce his childhood days more critters ;-)
    Wishing you a wonderful coming new week. Lots of Love; Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a splendid collection of bird photos! We have the same hobby and have traveled to many of the same destinations.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary! I remember Goldie Girl! Love seeing her photos. I've had a lot of Golden Retrievers over the years and they really are the sweetest dogs. Love seeing your mosaics this morning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I think I would just settle for your back yard feeders and be forever happy, but what an assortment of critters! I studied tropical medicine in Central America but weight restrictions kept me from bringing binoculars and I was busy all the time and not into wildlife photography so I recorded few birds. Congrats on you Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary, Eileen. May you enjoy many, many more.
    A lovely collection of mosaics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. eileen, i read through all of this and i can't image how hard it must have been to put this together. so many amazing trips, so many beautiful pictures, i did not know that you have traveled to so many amazing places. i know goldie girl was special, she looks to be such a sweet dog and i adore the picture you shared of her!!!

    my favorite group of pictures, april 2012 curacao & oregon 2012, a really special group!!

    we have enjoyed your blog and dedication to blogging for 10 years, heres to 10 more!! happy anniversary, to you and the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much to take in. I will visit several times. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must have had a lot of fun while sifting through all the past photos, Eileen. Wonderful memories, I'm sure.
    Celebrate the occasion and I hope you have many happy returns of the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first time I saw a Cara Cara I almost crashed my car into the ditch. I didn't know they were in Central Florida and I got to see TWO of them competing for a branch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary!Thank you for sharing such beauty.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness, Eileen, you have been just about everywhere. Clad you got to visit Washington. You have been to many states and Costa Rica!!! Wow! Birders paradise.
    Congrats on the 10 yr. Anniversary. Keep up the good work. Love the doggies and of course birds birds birds
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 10th Blog Anniversary and wonderful series of collage photos ~ Beautiful ~ favorite is your beautiful doggie ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very. Ice collection from the past 10 years. Here’s to another 10years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Ten Year's blogging! I hope it's just the start!

    What beautiful photos you have shared with us over time, and what lovely nature. And I adore all your dog pix!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous collages!
    Happy 10th anniversary of your blog.
    Have a nice weekend
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was lucky enough to have a N. JACANA come to Texas! And adult too, with all their beautiful colors! But, Eileen, my favorites today are of Goldie Girl...you really need another fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Eileen,

    Happy 10th anniversary for you blog! Your collages are wonderful. J love the pretty Goldie Girl. I had also a white golden retriever for some years ago. I still miss it.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Eileen, Wow, What a wonderful post! My goodness, you have visited so many great spots and taken so many great photos. Congratulations on your 10th Blog Anniversary! Many of your visits have been to places I consider near the top of my favorite spots list. Of course, Washington State is a big smile for me! I feel lucky to have found your blog several years ago. You are absolutely one of the best out there. Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting Saturday's Critters! Happy 10th Anniversary Weekend! John

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here’s wishing you a happy 10th Eileen. I think I'm close to that too. Thank you for that trip back in time. I remember many of those posts, especially the ones featuring lovely Goldie Girl.

    You’ve had a tremendous ten years of fun blogging and writing about all the wonderful birds and other creatures you've seen on your travels.

    It has been my pleasure and privilege to join with you on many occasions. Cheers to the next ten.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Blogaversary to our online Mayor, Eileen! Many happy posts, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely delightful collection so many different birds, Eileen.
    Never even heard of many of them.
    Coco approves the photos of the Bears - just so you know :)
    Happy WE!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hari OM
    My word Eileen - what a smorgasbord!!! Congrats on the 10th and may there be many more to come!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm going to have to look up a kingbird to see if that's the one I find so striking, on my way to a birthday party for my mother now (she's 94).
    I think labs are the best beasts on the planet although I love the Teddy Bears I sit for (oh boy, only one now, we lost him a week ago today).
    There was this part lab part golden I absolutely fell in love with although he was very protective. I did care for a male lab that was like that too. So do you think the Goldens are a little less crazy than labradors? I only new the 1/2 and 1/2 and he was a bit nuts but so very loving.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to be able to stroll through your photos and have all the time in the world. LOL Some gorgeous birds here. I couldn't pick a favorite collage even, let alone a favorite bird.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Forgot to say Happy 10th anniversary..that is a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a wonderful way to keep and share your travel memories...I really enjoyed seeing all the exotic birds you have seen and am green with envy..Happy 10th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy both Blog Anniversary, Eileen! You took us n a real trip down memory lane with this post. I always enjoy your posts full of beautiful things! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The birds, what a grand collection, but your darling Goldie Girl is my pick, no matter how long or short their time with us, they will always be in our heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well you certainly are well traveled, Eileen with all those critters that have become "lifers" and rightfully so!! As for the dogs, I'm afraid they all took my heart (yes, even over the Eagles on the beach)...:)jp

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on your 10th blog anniversary. Lots of beautiful critters crossed your camera's view. Very pretty and very impressive. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, that was a lot...and i loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy 10th blogiversary! The critter collages are fabulous. Hope the rest of your weekend is good!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations for the ten years anniversary! A grand target.
    I admired the Toucans in particular in your collages... they are amazing.
    Please keep on the good blogging and continue to have fun doing it!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy 10th Anniversary! A beautiful collection! Love your dogs, they are men's best friends! Lovely mosaics of birds and critters from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Eileen!

    Gratulerar till 1O-års jubileum! Det är en lång tid att hålla i gång en blogg och du har gjort det med bravur. En fantastisk samling bilder du samlat på dig under alla år!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations on ten years of blogging and great wildlife pictures! I am impressed by all these collages. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  45. As always thanks for sharing your photos & expertise with us at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG! Ten years of blogging. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Eileen.. Fantastic summary of pictures.. Happy Sunday and week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  48. Eileen, I never seem to photograph anything but food, and the occasional cat, but your blog always make me want to take up bird-watching. I can only identify the really obvious ones, like a bluejay. Happy 10th blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  49. wow...some serious flash backing...uh...looking back

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a wonderful post! I am an animal lover and proud member of many associations for the protection of the animals.
    At home I have cats but in my garden I feed many kinds of birds included the seagulls that around here are not so loved. Moreover I put nests under my roof. Thanks for sharing the photos and loving the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Eileen, I loved this post! Your blog truly does reflect your love of animals and nature, and truly is an act of love as you show the best of all creatures great and small!

    ¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤Happy 10th blog-aversary! Here's to the next 10 years of blogging fun and friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful array of mosaics, I love your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Congratulations on your 10th blog anniversary!In ten years you have photographed hundreds of great bird photos. Loved to see your beautiful mosaics and also your lovely dogs. We have had two Belgian shepards, but now content to a cat. Happy MM Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is such a wonderful post Eileen! Happy Blogiversary. Thank you always for showing us the wonderful birds (and animals) you see on your travels and near home. And for hosting this great sharing opportunity for all of us who also love them, You are also such a big help with IDs to so many of us amateur birders ... as well as taking time to visit ... I am so glad you are here in Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary. Enjoyed going back over the years and sharing your travels and adventures. Look forward to the next ten.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow! That's a great collection.
    Happy blogiversary, Eileen. Here's wishing you many, many years blogging. :)


    Let me see if I can find an old critter post to link up.
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized -- my post for this week's MondayMural has paintings of birds on concrete trash containers.
      Linking it here also. :)

      Delete
  57. Happy 10th anniversary. The best of the best for this post.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  58. wow, that is amazing!! 10 years ... Congrats!! u should have a party. so fun!! love it! i gotta see how long i have been blogging??! this Oct it will be 9 or 10, i need to check? cool! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy 10th Blogging Anniversary Eileen - and for such a beautiful 'look back' over the years.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  60. Eileen - happy 10th blogging anniversary! Can you believe it? I am sure it seems short on one hand, but then I look at your mosaics and you have packed in such a variety of experiences in a relatively short time - perhaps more than many people get to do in their lifetime! The diversity of wildlife, especially the birds, was jaw-dropping. Thanks so much for sharing with Mosaic Monday - and I am glad to hear that you plan to continue blogging. You are treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congratulations Eileen, ten years is a wonderful anniversary in blogland. I loved your sweet dogs and all those wonderful birds. Great post and here's to the next ten years :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow, 10 years of blogging, that's wonderful. You have quite a collection of lovely photos here. I especially love the hummingbirds, as they are my beloved bird. And the yellow and red birds always get to me as well. That red and black bird is amazing.

    Enjoy these Summer days, Eileen.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  63. Congratulations on your 10th bloggaversary, you have been a diligent blogger a long time and really give back to the blog community. Those photos also show that you are the sister to Mother Nature. What a testament.

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a lovely record, and congratulations on your 10th Anniversary. Yay for the Rock Wren amongst this glorious crowd.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  65. Cheers to 10 Years and More to come, Eileen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Happy Anniversary.
    Such great photos and grande adventures!
    I've had Greensboro Daily Photo (NC) since 2009. So we've both been at this for a while. I love your nature photos!!!!!

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  67. Such beautiful creatures, large and small. God knew what He was doing giving us lots of great pets, and other's to see and love.

    I popped right up when I saw Washington; I was in first grade there; we lived on the Naval base in Whidbey Island. Thank you for bringing this memory alive for me. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  68. Happy Blog Anniversary! I love your capture of years gone by with all your wonderful collages. Here's to another ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  69. So lovely to see all of the photographs here.
    Many good wishes for your 10th blog anniversary, and here's to the next ten :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow you have done such extraordinary job my friend

    this is powerful and IMPRESSIVE POST indeed!!!!!!!

    i am so glad you achieved a brilliance in your skills and shared so many amazing species of birds with us ,shared splendid views and so many sweet thoughts!

    heartiest congratulations for this victory and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  71. What a wonderful retrospective, brilliant!! Congratulations! 10 years of expressing your passion for nature!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I always appreciate your comments.

BTW, Anonymous comments unless a name is included will not be published. Also, comments with links will be deleted.

Have a happy day, Eileen

Happy Monday!

Wishing everyone a great day and a ha ppy new week! "One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day." "T...