Welcome to Saturday's Critters # 400
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
My first Saturday's Critter linky was on Dec 7, 2013. As long as I have critter lovers joining in with my critter party, the linky will go on and on. Thanks to all who participate with Saturday's Critters.
July 11th, we met up with a friend for lunch in York Pa. It was the first time meeting up since Covid started, at least a year and half went by. Hubby and I left a little early and took a walk around the Kiwanis Lake in York Pa to see the Great Egret and Black-crowned Night Heron rookeries.
1. The Kiwanis Lake in York Pennsylvania.
2. In the tallest pine trees across the lake are the Great Egrets and their nest.
3. A closer look at the Great Egrets at their rookery.
4. Most of the Great Egrets nest were in 3 tall pine trees standing close together.
5. The juvenile Great Egrets have grown a lot since our last visit to the rookery.
6. Various images of mostly juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons. On this visit we saw more juveniles than adult night herons.
7. A Slider Turtle is seen with 3 juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons.
8. A juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron standing on the pipe.
9. In the background and on the left side of the stick and the juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron is an adult Night Heron. The adult heron's and the nest must be hidden in all the greenery.
10. I count as many as 7 juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons below, some only small parts are seen.
I hope you enjoyed seeing these Great Egrets and Black-crowned Night Herons. We had a nice walk, visit with the birds and our friend.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.