Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
July 5-6 , for a short getaway and to see some different scenery we went to Shenandoah National Park. We spent the night in Harrisonburg Va , drove the Skyline Drive both days. We hiked on the Limberlost Trail and the Big Meadows.
Click on photos for larger viewing.
1. Various images from our Skyline Drive, the hike on Limberlost and Big Meadows, various wildflowers and scenic views.
2. A skywatch and view from one of the many scenic overlooks on the Skyline Drive.
4. White-tailed Deer crossing the Skyline Drive.
5. Another look at the Deer, I enjoy seeing all wildlife.
6. A Dark-eyed Junco was seen on the Big Meadows camp store parking lot.
7. Some of the birds we saw on our Shenandoah visit and hikes, A Wood Thrush, Eastern Towhee, Chipping Sparrows, Dark-eyed Junco, Downy Woodpecker, White-tailed Deer, American Robin, Indigo Bunting and am American Redstart.
8. A larger image of the Wood Thrush
8. This was my first time seeing a snail in a shell.
9. American Redstart, possible Viceroy butterfly, wildflowers, Indigo Bunting.
11. A closer look at the Indigo Bunting.
Shenandoah NP is one of our favorite places to visit, we try to visit as often as we can. I hope you enjoyed going along on our little getaway and my photos.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.