Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
We enjoyed our visit on Dec 12-14th to Ocean City Md , Indian River Inlet Delaware and on the way home we stopped at Bombay Hook NWR near Dover Delaware.
1. Our last morning, we watched the sunrise at beach in front of our Ocean City hotel. We drove a loop home through Delaware stopping at the Indian River Inlet for one last time. We saw one Long-tailed Duck, Sanderlings, lots of Gulls on the beach, Bufflehead Ducks and a Common Loon.
2. Indian River Inlet in Delaware is usually a great place to see the sea ducks, below is a one Long-tailed Duck. This one duck was by itself, usually we see a flock of these Long-tailed Ducks.
3. Also seen at the Indian River Inlet, a group of Bufflehead Ducks.
4. Bombay Hook NWR is one of my favorite places to visit, we drove the wildlife drive and below are the some of my sightings. Two deer stood close to the drive, Mute Swans, Northern Pintail and Gadwall ducks, lots of Canada Geese, Tundra Swans, Hooded Mergansers, Great Egret in the tree and various duck species.
6. The Hooded Mergansers are one of my favorite ducks. Some other ducks seen mostly with their heads down in the water were the American Black Duck, Mallards, Northern Shoveler, Gadwall, Green-winged Teal, Northern Pintail, possibly some Ring-necked Ducks and Scaup.
7. We watched two different pairs of Bald Eagles at Bombay Hook NWR, they liked sitting close to their mate.
8. The Bald Eagles are always a treat to see.
Last but definitely not the least, our cute grandson and our grand dogs. We recently started dog sitting, they will be here for 5-6 months. Our son and DIL are in the process of selling their home and having a new one built. They will be moving in temporarily with the in-laws and are not able to take the dogs with them. Below Wyatt, Winnie and Nibbles.
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!