Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir
Click on images for better viewing.
My usual walks with hubby and Miney. Walks were at the local Prettyboy fire roads, the NCR bike trail and some images are from my back yard.
1. Our local Prettyboy Reservoir is said to be down 6 feet, water levels so low Miney and I could walk on the shoreline.
Below are some Killdeer, not the best photo, it is heavily cropped.
"Birds are little miracles."
3. A Downy Woodpecker looked like it was too hot. One of our hotter Spring days. It was in the 90's. I have a big bird bath filled with water on my deck.
The Purple Clematis blooms are looking pretty.
4. Our walk with Hubby and Miney on the NCR bike trail. Some wildflowers and a tiny frog and more Mountain Laurels.
Bird heard along the NCR Bile trail.
5. May 22nd, we enjoyed seeing Wyatt graduate pre-school and he will be going to Kindergarten in the fall. Mason will move up to his last year of pre-school in the fall. Sophie has to wait one more year before starting pre-school.
6. A walk with Miney on our local fire road. Miney does not mind stopping and listening for the birds.
"Wherever there are birds, there is hope."
The Ovenbirds are a common bird in my area and around the Prettyboy watershed. Here is a link to Cornell's website sharing the sounds of the Ovenbird
7. Almost home from my Walmart shop, I was stuck behind this Amish buggy. We are starting to see more of these horse and buggies in our area. I think the Amish have bought up some old big farms in the area. I rather see the farm land being used as farms then turned into housing developments. Some local farm land has turned into solar panel farms.
8. Along our driveway, there are multiple species of clematis growing. I see there is some honeysuckle trying to take over.
I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Check out Catblogosphere.com
Here is my linky:
Thank you for sharing your critters and post!

















126 comments:
Kids grow so fast, before you even know it, they will go to the uni.....love the turtles..so cute lining up.
The turtles on the logs are so neat to see, and your clematis is beautiful. Wishing Wyatt the best in kindergarten this fall!
Loved the downy woodpecker photo!
Have a great weekend!
Poor Downy Woodpecker.
It was suffering from the heat.
And the reservoir too, though protesting in a low-water-level way.
Nice Excursions dear Eileen .And when there are no birds anymore there will be no hope....
Have a good time Violetta
Thank you for generously sharing your beauty with us, and water with the birds. Aloha, Miney! And the young ones
It’s wonderful how you, my dear blogging friend Eileen, helped that thirsty bird. Yes, those poor creatures suffer from the heat just as much as we do.
Thank you for sharing and for hosting. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️ have a wonderful week
Happy Saturday! Your walks with Miney and your husband always yield the most incredible wildlife sightings, even with the reservoir water being so low lately. Seeing all those little slider turtles catching the sun on the logs must have been such a treat, plus that big bird bath on your deck definitely seems like a lifesaver for the woodpeckers during those hot ninety-degree days. Big congratulations to Wyatt on his preschool graduation too, what an exciting milestone for the family. Enjoy the rest of your weekend walks, and hopefully the honeysuckle doesn't give those gorgeous clematis blooms too much trouble.
What amazing photos of your walks, Eileen.
I can see from the app that you really heard a lot of birds.
You can hardly hear anything here now; the young birds have all flown the nest.
I wish you a very good weekend.
All the best, Irma
The water being down was very noticeable. Merlin picked up lots of birds for you, it is a great app. A lovely series of photos of different nature things to see. Enjoy the weekend.
Love the turtles! But that water-level... a bit scary, isn´t it.
Oh and that poor overheated bird!
You have first pre-school and then kindy? I think it´s the other way round here (I am too old. I only had kindy and then school and I have no kids. Back in my day you had to be potty-trained to attend kindy, too. Did I mention old?).
I asked AI - there are no Amish left in Germany. The last ones left in 1937 cause they were tracked down for their religion. Sad, huh. Live and let live... With that: Happy weekend to you!
Teus netinho lindos fazem festa sempre com sua alegria! O reservatório serviu para passear e originar lindos cliques... Tudo muito lindo dsempre aqui, Eileen! Ótimo fim de semana, chica
The Downy Woodpecker looks exhausted. Love the turtles lined up, great capture. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hello, Hope your are doing fine. Glad to read your post, So beautiful pics.
Loved Miney 's walks, Great landscapes. Loved turtles pics. Thanks for looking out for your feathered visitors. Lovely kids pics. Happy weekend. Thanks a lot for hosting.
Grandies, turtles, flowers, birds! Great fun.
...Eileen, you have so many wonderful things in the this post. It's great to see your your little cuties. Thanks for hosting and I wish you a wonderful week.
I looked at your Merlin lists for end of May and they are lengthy, WOW! It was busy here then with all the birds migrating here for the summer. I imagine your grand kids are now enjoying the summer! Enjoy your weekend!
That was such a nice bunch of photos and boy, that poor woodpecker did look hot!
We were just talking about how the buggies in Amish country do slow down our travels...and here you found out the hard way. We also spoke about men with long beards, as my friend's husband has one and figures he looks like a hippy, but I thought closer to Amish. Thanks for hosting today.
Beautiful photos, as usual, Eileen. You live in a lovely part of the world. It's good to see the farmland continuing to be used as farmland. Overdevelopment can wreak havoc on the environment and its wildlife. Your grandkids look great and they are growing so quickly! Thanks for hosting and have a great new week.
You see so many cool things on your walks.
Eileen ~ wonderful post with pics of Miney and your grand children and beautiful birds and love the turtles all lined up on the driftwood ~ hope you get lots of rain soon ~ Hugs ^_^
You and Miney sure cover a lot of ground. I continue to love all the birds you photograph and ID through Merlin. We were in Santa Fe last week and went on a hike in the hills above the town and we id'd a bunch of birds that we don't have in our section of Oklahoma.
Do you know that our lakes in Finland suffer from a certain lack of water? Incredible how little snow we had in winter and how little it rained in spring.
Lovely to see your grandchildren. They are growing...Indeed.
Enjoy your walks and the birds, the turtles and all the beautiful flowers!
Happy weekend!
Hari OM
Love the new header... and yet again envious of all your song birds! That poor woodpecker, though... totally tuckered with the heat. Don't the kids grow so fast? Have a super w/e, YAM xx
It is so good to see all of those turtles, Eileen. Thanks for all of your nice comments.
Oh that poor little downy sure does look hot!!!
All great photos. I always love to see the turtles!!
I'm always amazed at how many birds you see and hear. It's exciting on the trails you hike! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the party! It's the highlight of my week. Sweet Hugs, Diane
Any news regarding the peacock?
What a sweet stage of life your 'grands' are in. Happy graduation to K! The photos from your walks are peaceful. Enjoy your Saturday!
Hello Eileen :)
Gorgeous blooms in your driveway, and on your walks. I love the flowers of Mountain Laurel and all the wild flowers you saw on your walks. Because of the extreme heat my Mountain Laurel suffered greatly this year. Your purple Clematis blooms are stunning and I loved your photos of the Oven Bird and tiny frog.
The Downy Woodpecker looks like I have felt over these last few weeks, thoughly exausted, but the Slider Turtles don't seem to mind the heat. Hearing all this great variety of birds as you walk must be thrilling. I have not seen a bird, let alone heard one but as the heat subsides, I'm hopefull they will visit again.
All the best Eileen, and thank you for hosting.
Sonjia.
Miney loves her walks.
That poor Downy Woodpecker, bless his heart. And That Ovenbird is so cute, and what a love song. However, your precious Wyatt, Mason, and Sophie took to show once again. It is such a blessing to witness their milestones. Shalom!
Such wonderful photos, Eileen. Your grandchildren are adorable and bring back memories of when mine were that little--they grow up too fast so enjoy every precious moment! Loved all the flowers and birds you saw on your walks, I'm also glad to hear the Amish are buying up farms and keeping farming alive. Have a wonderful weekend!
Hello Eileen,
You have heard many birds, and it must be wonderful to walk the fire road with Miney. Your purple Clematis looks very beautiful., and I love the color. The small turtles are very cute. Take care, and enjoy your weekend!
Thank you Angie, for your comment and your visit.
The kiddies are growing so fast, time goes by too fast.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Shiju, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Rainfield, for your comment and your visit.
It is bad between the heat and not having enough rain.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Violetta. for your link and your comment.
I guess we can never lose hope!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Cloudia, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Heidrun , for your link and your comment.
The critters do suffer from the heat, very sad.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Melody, for your link and your comment.
The honeysuckle can be a problem, taking over.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Irma, for your link and your comment.
Hearing the birds singing while walking is a happy time.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Iris, for your link and your comment.
I only had kindergarten and then 1st through 12 grade.
I love seeing the turtles too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Chica, for your comment and your visit.
The grandkiddies are a joy! We are lucky to live walking distance to the reservoir. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Bill, for your comment and your visit.
The heat can feel exhausting for us all.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jenn, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Tom, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Alexandra, for your comment and your visit.
I am sure the kiddies are having a grand summer so far.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Barb, for your link and your comment.
I do not mind slowing down, it is best to stay safe.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Nick, for your link and your comment.
I agree the environment takes a hit with all these new developments, using more water and electricity.
The grandkids are growing so fast.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
I always love your walks with Miney and noting how very many of the birds you hear. It's remarkable. I do love kildeer!
Thank you Carol, for your link and your comment.
I like seeing the turtles lined up too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Yogi, for your link and your comment.
I look forward to seeing your trip photos.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Luisella, for your comment and your visit.
The low water levels are scary when they last for so long.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you YAM, for your comment and your visit.
I was worried that the woodpecker was sick, but it was ok. Just way too hot. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you RedPat, for your link and your comment. The turtles are a treat to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Karen, for your comment and your visit.
It was way too hot that day.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Diane, for your link and your comment.
I am always happy to see your critters and hikes too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
The peacock is gone now, we are sad.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Ellen, for your comment and your visit.
The grandkids are growing so fast.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Sonjia, for your link and your comment.
Our plants suffered this winter from the cold and snow and this summer it is the extreme heat. I feel sorry for the wildlife. I hope you get a break in your weather, stay cool.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you William, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Arnoldo, for your link and your comment.
We do love our grandchildren, they are a joy.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Pat, for your link and your comment.
The grandkids are growing up so fast. I like seeing the farm land staying farm land. There is way too much development.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Marit, for your comment and your visit.
I do love the clematis!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Thank you Jeanie, for your link and your comment.
I love seeing the Killdeer too.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.
Lovely pics of the grandchildren. They are growing fast. The woodpecker does look in dire straits. Hopefully it found the birdbath!
i did not have much to contribute, last week or today. i corrected the "#" on my blog but it did not update in the reading list!! my birds have done the "drama queen" look in the past. your clematis are so pretty, i need to get some. i see them everywhere and wonder if they come back each year. everything changes so they say, the amish have always seemed very kind and mindful. i hope you are finding the same!! many thanks for hosting, enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Look at those two smart cookies.. adorable.
So sorry to hear about the water level reducing..
Your grandkids are adorable. Poor woodpecker looks like it melted. :)
Hello Eileen
I always enjoy your sightings ... beautiful flowers and birds.
I liked seeing the Amish buggy too and of course your adorable Grands ... they're growing!
Enjoy your weekend.
All the best Jan
Hi Eileen, it's wonderful that you helped that thirsty bird! Yes, nature's creatures are feeling this intense heat and humidity as well! Your photos are beautiful, and you and Miney are wonderful guides!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Nice to see the kids. They do grow so fast.
How quickly the kids have grown up. I love the Clematis Eileen. Thanks for hosting and commenting. I hope you have a lovely week ahead
What a delight it is to take a walk with you each Saturday.
I’d never heard of an ovenbird.
Congratulations to Wyatt, I hope he enjoys Kindergarten.
Like you, I’d rather see farms stay farms. As for the solar panels, why are we covering our fields with them, why not cover parking lots? Does double duty that way.
Excellent pictures! Congratulations to your grandchildren!
Such a lovely post, we love going on the 'virtual walks' with mew, so much fun, and thank mew for hosting!!! 🐾😻✨😻🐾
Love the photo of the turtles! Does it worry you when the water levels are so low? Here it is a big concern when the Sea of Galilee, one of Israel's main water sources, gets low.
We hope for some Rain too. Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday and your nice comment.
Greetings by Heidrun
the lake makes me sad, for the humans and for the wildlife, the downy breaks my heart, glad to hear the farms will stay farms, soon there will be no land, just buildings and roads. we to are under the heat dome and in the hundreds this week. I can't even breathe in the back yard after 2 pm
Hello Eileen,
Nice pictures. Wonderful that beautiful nature where is enough to see and enjoy. The turtles are very nice.
Funny shots with your cool grandchildren.
Many greetings,
Marco
Love being in nature, even it it's only my neighborhood.
Yet, we are surrounded by the river, and a few large nature parks, so wildlife is everywhere.
And watching our cats as they watch the wildlife through windows is an aspect of enjoying nature that I didn't anticipate, yet adore multiple times a day.
Thank you Maria, for your link and your comment.
I think the woodpecker was ok! The grandchildren are growing so fast. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Debbie, for your link and your comment.
Drama queen is a good description for the woodpecker, it was ok. I do love our clematis, it does spread too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
The kiddies are adorable, we love them!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Jan, for your comment and your visit.
The kiddies are growing so fast, they are joy!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Michelle, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Margaret, for your link and your comment.
The clematis is one of my favorite plants, so pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I agree the parking lots would be a great place for the solar panels. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Linda, for your link and your comment.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your link and your comment.
I am happy you can come along with me and Miney on our walks. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Lisa, for your comment and your visit.
Yes, it is a worry to see the lake water level so low, it takes longer to recover. We need more rain.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Heidrun, for hosting Mosaic Monday.
Have a great day and a happy week ahead.
Thank you Sandra, for your comment and your visit.
It is scary to have the water level so low, we need more rain.
I like to see farms staying farms too. We do not need more houses here. Stay cool and safe inside.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Marco, for your comment and your visit.
Nature is grand, there is always something to see.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I am thankful for nature, my wildlife sightings.
It is nice to see your kitties looking out the windows and enjoying nature too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Another great series of photos Eileen and how lovely to see Wyatt graduate pre-school. Cute photos of him with his brother and sister also. Thank you for another great Saturday Critters and enjoy your day and week ahead.
Thank you Denise for your visit and for the comment. The kiddies are cuties! Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead!
A gorgeous place for a walk. And so much to see along the way.
Amalia
xo
Mucha naturaleza. Los nietos van creciendo. Están muy guapos
Buena semana Eileen.
Un abrazo.
Thank you Amalia, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Laura, for your comment and your visit.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
So many birds. I love it. Miney is so cute. That's such a nice place to take a walk.
That poor little woodpecker! The heat makes everyone suffer :(
Hello Eileen, what a lovely post, I also agree little birds are miracles, as are your delightful kiddos at the end, and how majestic seeing the Amish carriage in your neighborhood. We have some Amish areas around too. I can't believe how quickly this summer is rolling away; we have to make use of every moment soaking up our lovely nature as we can. We're going to need to see your lovely nature photos again like say mid-February. Take care, stay cool, Karen.
Those turtles perched on the logs are such a fun sight, and your clematis is gorgeous.
Wishing Wyatt a wonderful start to kindergarten!
Thank you Mary, for your comment and your visit.
Miney is sweet!
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
I am glad the woodpecker was ok, the weather is cooling off a little. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Karen, for your link and your comment.
Summer is going by quickly, I am seeing back to school advertisements. I hope this winter is not extreme.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Thank you Veronica, for your link and your comment.
The turtles are cute, I always enjoy seeing them on the logs.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
I am late joining your critter party! I hope you have a wonderful week enjoying nature!
Thank you Alexandra, for your link and your comment.
You are welcome to join in any time. I hope you are out enjoying nature this week too.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
That poor Downy Woodpecker, I hope it's okay!
We're all melting this week. Just like that woodpecker. But I love it!
Thank you Juliet, for your visit and comment.
The woodpecker was ok!
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Thank you Sharon, for your link and comment.
It has been hot, summer is flying by.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Tus tres nietos están preciosos, me encantó verlos. Todos tus paseos me encantan y disfruto con ellos, ves muchas flores, pájaros, etc. Gracias y que tengas un precioso día.
Thank you Teresa, for your comment and visit.
We do love our grandchildren and our walks in nature.
Take care, have a great day!
Post a Comment