Saturday, August 22, 2026

Saturday's Critters # 662

Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday!


 If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!


"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir


As usual, I am sharing my dog Miney and our walks on the trails, birds from my yard and the local watershed fire roads. 


Click on images for better viewing.



1. I am addicted to the Merlin App, I have it on during everyone of my walks with Miney.  I included one of my Goldfinch photos with the Merlin app screenshot.





Below one of my Cardinal photos is added to the Merlin Screenshot.






2. July 8, walk with Miney on our local Prettyboy fire road. This local fire road trail is mostly covered with pine needles, which makes walking so much easier. The weeds and grasses are taking over some of our other local trails. They need to come and cut the grass on the trails, I am sure the ticks and bugs love the long grass. 





" A walk in nature walks the soul back home."


 



Above I included the Chipping Sparrow image and below is the House Finch image.










3. I am sticking to the same trail for walking Miney, we walk till we come to the downed tree and then turn around and go back home. 




"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."



The  Scarlet Tanager is a breeder in the Prettyboy Watershed, I can recognize their calls while I am out walking Miney.











The Pine Warbler is another breeder in our local Prettyboy Watershed, I hear them calling off the trail and they sometimes visit my deck for some food. 





4. Miney loves her walk on the fire road! 




You can see the reservoir is still low, the water usually is up to the trees. The Killdeer are enjoying the muddy area and the geese love the grasses that are growing.





5. A zoomed in look at a Killdeer, I saw 8-10 Killdeer running around the muddy area. 



Killdeer


A Bald Eagle spooked the Killdeer flying in and making the Killdeer take off and fly around. The Eagle landed in a tree and the Killdeer went back to their spot on the mud.




Prettyboy Merlin birds, from our walk to the reservoir.






I am linking up to Heidrun's Mosaic Monday   I hope you can stop by and visit Heidrun and check out the Mosaic Monday post.




Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.




Check out  Catblogosphere.com





Here is my linky:






Thank you for sharing your critters and post! 

No comments:

Saturday's Critters # 662

Welcome to Saturday's Critters! Hello and Happy Saturday !  If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about th...