Hubby and I enjoy our local walks on the near by fire roads. On this day we walked for a little over 2 miles round trip from our house. I had some luck finding birds at what was once a clear cut area in the forest. The Yellow-billed Cuckoo were seen out in the open, eating the tent caterpillars. We also saw 20 or more Cedar Waxwings and a juvenile or female Scarlet Tanager. On this day I had that deja vu feeling, maybe because previous years we had the same bird sightings during a similar walk.
1. The Yellow-billed Cuckoo, we saw at least 3 of these birds during our walk. One has a tent caterpillar in it's mouth.
2. I watched a flock of Cedar Waxwings flying around us, a few times I caught them sitting on top of a tree branch, one photos has a juvenile or female Scarlet Tanager with 2 Cedar Waxwings.
3. Adult Cedar Waxwing
Gratitude turns what we have into enough. We are thankful for pretty sky days and lovely weather. My prayers go out to all in the areas with the wildfires. It is so sad to see so much loss and devastation..
4. Below is the Great-crested Flycatcher, middle photo is a possible Tennessee Warbler and Red-eyed Vireo on the bottom photo.
5. Cedar Waxwings, there are 2 on one branch and the Scarlet Tanager is below on the right side.
6. I was happy to see this Yellow-billed Cuckoo out in the open a few times.
7. Another one of the 3 Yellow-billed Cuckoo that we saw during this one walk.
For Martha's Throwback Thursday and Skywatch Friday. I am sharing the following 3 photos from my archives. A view of some fall colors of our nearby reservoir and a sunset at the Prettyboy reservoir. A photo of our Goldie Girl, she is missed .
8. Some fall trees and sky reflecting at Prettyboy.
9. Prettyboy sunset, you can be blessed just being in the right place at the right time.
10. Sky reflecting at Prettyboy reservoir.
I am thankful for my archived photos of Goldie Girl, she was loved and is missed. We remain thankful to be virus-free and healthy.
I hope everyone takes care and stay safe.
Live simple and be happy! 😊 Take care, keep smiling!
Thank you to Martha @ Throwback Thursday linky
and her Seaside Simplicity
Thank you Michelle for hosting Thankful Thursday.
Thank you to Yogi the host of Skywatch Friday
Thanks so much for visiting and for your nice comments on my previous post. Have a happy day!!