Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday! 😊
Happy May, wishing everyone a happy new month.
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I am sharing some of my back yard birds and critters. A mish-mash of birds from our local fire road walks to the lake.
1. A cute back yard bunny, I hope it is not eating our plants. I've been seeing two bunnies in the yard, maybe a couple that will have babies soon.
2. Seen on 4-14-21 are various back yard birds, I watch these birds from our window, they were on our deck and at the feeders. I am still seeing a mix of winter birds along with the new arrivals of spring and summer birds.
Top row: Dark-eyed Junco, American Goldfinch and a Chipping Sparrow
Middle row: Ruby-throated Hummingbird and the female Purple Finches.
Bottom Row: Red-breasted Nuthatch, Red-bellied Woodpecker and a White-throated Sparrow.
3. On 4-14-21 I am not sure if this is any early date for the Ruby-throated Hummingbird. It seems early to me. Either way I am happy to see them again in my yard and I had the feeder ready for them.
4. On 4-14-21 the male American Goldfinch is showing off his pretty summer colors.
5. On 4-15-21 I was surprised to see so many Double-crested Cormorants at our local lake. A group of Cormorants can be called a "flight" or "swim" or a "gulp". On the far top right photo you can see their double crest showing. You can often see the Cormorants with their wings spread open sunning themselves. Hubby and I saw groups of them in the lake and perched in trees along the lake shore.
6. 4-15-21, I found a few small birds moving around in the bushes along the shore. This Palm Warbler came out in the open for a few photos.
7. This Palm Warbler has a tick under it's eye.
8. On 4-17-21 are more of my yard birds at the feeders and deck.
Top row : male Pine Warbler
Middle Row: Red-bellied Woodpecker, Mourning Dove and a Tufted Titmouse
Bottom row: male Downy Woodpecker.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
You are # 1