Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
I have some more birds that I saw during our outing to the Susquehanna River SP and Conowingo Dam. We saw lots of Great Blue Herons. There were too many Double-crested Cormorants to count. We saw a few Tree Swallows, an Osprey in a tree eating a fish and I already posted on the Bald Eagles.
Click on photos for larger viewing.
1. Besides numerous Bald Eagles, there were hundreds or maybe thousands of Double-crested Cormorants. The were everywhere we looked.
2. Some of the wildflowers see along the Susquehanna River trail.
Dutchman Breeches, Trillium, unknown white flowers, Eastern Bluebells and a Redbud tree.
3. A fisherman and a view of the Susquehanna River, you can see the I-95 highway bridge in the distance.
4. Osprey has a nice sized fish, breakfast is served.
5. Double-crested Cormorants were perched on just about every rock sticking out of the river.
6. There is a Great Blue Heron rookery on the island in the middle of the river, just below the dam.
7. I counted at least 7 Great Blue Herons on their nest in the photo below.
8. Besides seeing the Great Blue Herons on the nest, they were standing out on the river and rocks.
9. Below are some Bald Eagles and more Double-crested Cormorants perched on the rocks on the river's edge.
10. Right below the dam, the Great Blue Herons, Bald Eagles, Double-crested Cormorants and a Black Vulture are hanging out together.
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves critters and has linked up their critter post.
Here is my linky:
YOU are all # 1.