Welcome to Saturday's Critters!
Hello and happy Saturday!
If you love all God's creatures like I do and also like to blog about them and take critter photos this is where you can share your critter post. Link up your post and share your critters, join in with my critter party ! You can share any kind of critters the real ones, pretend ones, statues and paintings, a new or old post!
On July 30th, hubby and I took a walk at North Point State Park. I posted numerous times about our visits to this park. Usually we see some great birds there, the Little Blue Herons are missing this time. We saw adult and juvenile Bald Eagles, many Osprey, Great Blue Heron, Green Heron, Tree Swallows, Turkey Vultures, Belted Kingfisher, lots of turtles, a black rat snake, DC Cormorants, Tern and Gulls, various butterflies and dragonflies.
Click on images for larger viewing.
1. Below top row: Green Heron, Gulls with domestic white Geese and one Tern, Great Blue Heron. Second row adult Bald Eagle, juvenile Bald Eagle and the two Osprey. Last row : Dragonfly, Belted Kingfisher, Monarch butterfly and Slider Turtles.
2. This Green Heron below has something in it's mouth, small fish or maybe a frog.
3. A distant view of the Green Heron with two Slider Turtles.
4. A Slider Turtle with a dragonfly. Can you find the dragonfly?
5. I tried zooming in on this adult Bald Eagle.
6. The juvenile Bald Eagle was hanging out on a tree.
7. A view of the Chesapeake Bay is at the end of the Black Marsh Trail, we could see lots of Gulls, a tern and the domestic White Geese seem to be out of place.
8. Below a beach at the park, out in the bay are an Osprey and Double-crested Cormorants, Great Blue Heron and some gulls.
9. An Osprey was seen perched on a tree branch.
10. I am guessing at these id's of various dragonflies top row: Autumn Meadowhawk, a Green Darner, bottom row two different Blue Dashers.
11. There are lots of the Slider Turtles in the wetland areas of North Point State Park.
12. I found just one Great Blue Heron in the marshy area of the park.
I hope you enjoyed my photos and visit to the park. Thank you for sharing your critters and post!
Thanks to all my visitors and for your past and present comments. Stop back to see any replies to your comments. I appreciate everyone who loves and respects wildlife. Thank you for linking up a critter post.
Here is my linky:
I am also linking up to Anni's blog party found here I'd Rather B Birding Anni always has some beautiful birds to be seen on her blog, check it out!